Orange P900 - Can't delete Orange originated SMS's

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
July 6, 2004 6:19:20 PM

Got my P900 a couple of days ago and had a whole burst of SIM Update SMS's
which I promptly read and deleted, apart from the last one not deleting.
Since then, I've had some "Voice Mail waiting" and "Missed Call" SMS's from
orange and they seem to go on the SIM but they won't delete. Deleting them
does not produce an error message. Have I missed something in a setting
somewhere or is this an Orange issue ?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 3:26:11 PM

"Dave Stone" <daveATmsgbiz.com> wrote in message
> Got my P900 a couple of days ago and had a whole burst of SIM Update SMS's
> which I promptly read and deleted, apart from the last one not deleting.
> Since then, I've had some "Voice Mail waiting" and "Missed Call" SMS's
from
> orange and they seem to go on the SIM but they won't delete. Deleting them
> does not produce an error message. Have I missed something in a setting
> somewhere or is this an Orange issue ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dave

I've had this too, the only way I could get rid was to put the sim in
another phone (nokia 7210) and delete them that way.
Orange 'Tech support' basically said "P900? Is that the new Vauxhall?"
Suspect it's an Orange firmware issue as I now have an unlocked,
non-Orange branded P900, but still with the same Orange sim, and the problem
doesn't arise.
Andy
!