Sign in with
Your question

XBOX 360 won\'t connect to internet!

Last response: in Networking
May 9, 2012 12:31:43 AM

Okay so I got the newer version of the XBOX 360 Elite with built in wi-fi and i connect it to the internet and it worked great. eventually something went wrong with the built in wi-fi so i hooked up and Ethernet cable and it worked fine, then that stopped working. it doesn't connect to the network even. So my question is what's wrong because i have no idea what to do because i don't want to send it into Microsoft and find out its broke and that i have to buy a new one
May 9, 2012 2:53:53 PM

Test out all of the components of the connection one at a time, try a new cable or try the old one on another device, try a new port on the router, and so on.

Also, don't give up on your wireless in the meantime -- check in the router to see if the DHCP is assigning the XBOX an IP address and check the XBOX to see that it is getting an IP address automatically, also for wireless make sure that the XBOX has the correct security key for network access.
m
l
May 11, 2012 2:06:11 PM

Works , and then dosen't work....Strange.. one of two things

1. need to restore factory defaults for network settings on xbox
2. call microsoft and tell em you've got a bad unit - wouldn't be the 1st time.

If you bought your Xbox 360 elite new , then it's covered under warranty for at least a year.

Can always call em and check.
m
l
!