beyond surround sound: York U. binaural research

Last response: in Home Audio
February 2, 2005 10:51:35 PM

York University scientists are using your facial geometry to customize
headphones intended to create a true three-dimensional binaural sound:
http://glikglik.com/2005/02/facial-filters.html
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 9:06:30 AM

JVC did lots of work on binaural in the '70s.

Mark Z.

<brucewmiller@gmail.com> wrote in message
> York University scientists are using your facial geometry to customize
> headphones intended to create a true three-dimensional binaural sound:
> http://glikglik.com/2005/02/facial-filters.html

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 12:45:01 PM

On 2 Feb 2005 19:51:35 -0800, brucewmiller@gmail.com wrote:

>York University scientists are using your facial geometry to customize
>headphones intended to create a true three-dimensional binaural sound:

"We envisage booths in the high street, like those used for passport photos,
where customers can have the shape of their head and ears measured easily.
The shape information will be used to quickly compute an individual's
spatial filters."

"The result – sounds heard through headphones should be indistinguishable
from hearing the same sounds live."

http://www.york.ac.uk/admin/presspr/pressreleases/surro...

Ahem.
!