New to windoes 7 x64 bit. two problems.

shohag2018

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
rl9rpy.jpg

As you can see in the picture, in the blue zone there use to be an option called "keyboard and mouse mode" in XP.it aint anymore. does anyone know where is this now?
and in the red zone, it says audio service is not running, having a little red cross sign over the sound button(though the audio seems to be running fine). upon clicking on it the red cross goes away, what seems to be the problem?

FeX_IronC

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
my best guess is that there might be an issue your audio driver...check in your device manager if there is problem under the sound, game and video Controller section. On the other side it is strange that you say that there are no issues with the sound and everything is working fine.
If you can identify your sound card or on-board sound chip go to the manufacturer website and download the latest Win 7 64bit driver and see if this resolves the issue (of the red cross sign that is).
I have no idea what sort of joystick you are using and what the screen has looked like in XP, but also the same recommendation here...go to the manufacturer website (eg Logitech) and get the latest driver.
As with a lot of technical posts a little bit more information can't do any harm.

shohag2018

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009

ok...i ll try the driver update.thanks.

Im using speakers.