Sign in with
Your question

game theatre xp and 5.1 speakers

Last response: in Components
May 2, 2002 5:45:13 PM

now thinking about getting the Hercules GameTheatre XP (with that additional box for inputs/outputs) as an upgrade to my sweet SB Live! Value card.

Also going to get a 5.1 surround system .. Narrowed it down to Klipsh ProMedia 5.1, Cambridge SoundWorks DTT3500 or the Cambridge SoundWorks MegaWorks 510D

What are your opinions on these speaker systems. . or any other opinions

does anyone have any experience hooking up the game theater to run 5.1 surround with any of the above systems?

thanks!

More about : game theatre speakers

May 2, 2002 7:43:42 PM

Santa Cruz outputs it the same way a Live 5.1 does which is the same way the GTXP does it cept the GTXP plugs are on the box instead of the card.
read reviews on <A HREF="http://www.3dss.com" target="_new">3dsoundsurge</A> of those two speaker systems and i say two cause you can immediately discount the DTT3500 as not a good option in my opinion.

From personal experience i highly recommend you get the new Hercules GTXP 6.1

enjoy-)

nVidiot: Message board Troll employed by nVidia to terrorize aTidiots.
May 2, 2002 9:44:02 PM

I have the Klipsh ProMedia 4.2. It is great.
May 4, 2002 3:20:42 AM

I have the Klipsch Pro Media 5.1's and find them to be awesome. Music or games it doesn't matter. I've said this before but it bares repeating: I used to have the Altec Lansing ADA 70's. When comparing the Klipsch to the my old Altecs I found that the highs were a bit crisper on the Altecs. The lows and mids were much better and more intense with the 5.1's. If you have money to burn and absolutely need a new 5.1 system now, I highly recommend the Klipsch. If you can wait, hang on and see what Altec Lansing has to offer.

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.
!