Need to access my wireless router but no access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfectjake

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hey,
I'm trying to access my router, however i live above a bar and the router is downstairs. It is a BT homehub 3 as far as i know
i need a way to find out the admin password without being able to look at the router. People are downloading constantly and I am trying to get uni work done and it is impossible with people constantly downloading all the time. I was hoping to block the downloaders MAC address temporarily, just while i get my work done.
So yeah, is there a way to gain access to the router settings without getting the admin password off the router?

Reading this post made my whole house smell like fish. Is there something fishy about your stated situation?

Let's see... It your router, but it's downstairs, in a bar. It's your router and you are not really sure what brand/model it is. It's your router but you don't know your own admin password. You don't want to actually umm... 'visit' your router to get its info. If you do actually get your hands on it, since it's a bar, a raging bar-fight is most likely going to break out if you mess with everyone's Internet (not good, all against one). You want to do it incognito from upstairs. Now what's wrong with this picture?

No, I'm not a jerk, I'm just the only one that's going to respond to this post... so far.

My advice: Get about 40 good, strong, big, tough friends to start a fight with everyone else that's there and you sneak over to the router and push the reset button real quick-like while nobody is looking. Now go back upstairs and enter the router through the default username and password and set the MAC filtering to "accept only" and plug in your MAC address. Problem solved. Now go back downstairs and buy the winners of the fight a drink, they earned it.

Perfectjake

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Ok... It isn't a fishy situation. The bar downstairs isn't open yet, so it is locked at all times. We get the internet up her from the router downstairs but not directly, theres 2 wireless routers in the flat up here that piggy back the signal... if you want to be a dick fine, but i can assure you theres nothing "fishy" about it

Yea, I Do smell a fish and it ain't my cat's food either.

You said:
People are downloading constantly and I am trying to get uni work done and it is impossible with people constantly downloading all the time.
And that from a bar downstairs that's not even open.

I'll drop this one due to Tom's ToS and RoC against help with hacking. If it was your router, you'd have access.

Status
Not open for further replies.