Purchasing the Hyundai Q17

mooboynyc

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2003
I called dog-bytes.com, and despite what the LCD Roundup V article says, they do not have the Hyundai Q17 in stock. Nice guy, though.
Has anyone found a vendor?

Fenris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Just Overstock in the US...I have spent many a day searching for this and only come up with European and Australian sites. Overstock just wants to much for it.

_______

"It's a common conceit in games: play, die, reload, and ride the karmic wheel of kick-ass, until you get it right"

big_goff

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2003
I didn't see this product on overstock.com, is it really there? And have also not found any US based companies selling. I even did a google search with the model #, and found mostly European websites. Anyone else know something?

Fenris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As far as I can gather it is. The Hercules would be a better model if it has a newer Screen. But the Hyundai has WAY to many other benefits (Analog + Digital for example) that would greatly raise the price of future monitors. I emailed Dog-bytes to see about its availability, since it does not say on the site (even if you start checkout), hopefully they have it but I am not to optimistic.

------------------------------------------
"It's a common conceit in games: play, die, reload, and ride the karmic wheel of kick-ass, until you get it right"

Fenris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
According to an email from Dog-bytes they say the Q17 "will be back in production and sale hopefully within a month."

What that means is they dont know and they dont have them.

jhnlngn

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
Damn, I was hoping they had them. That month is going to probably be like Samsung releasing the 173P in early October, I havn't seenk it yet. I like that the Hercules is using a steel bezel, but I think it's ugly. I like the look of the Hyundai better.

Fenris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Samsung's are nice but I have seen way to many bad things about them and their policies on "correct" specifications, if you know what I mean.. =>

It really is a tough tossup between waiting for Dog-bytes to get them or pay the extra $60 for the monitor from Fry's. The problem with waiting is that they are dependent on Hyundai for the models I assume while Fry's must be getting them from Europe/Australia.

big_goff

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2003
Here's a response email I recieved from Hyundai after emailing them a few days ago asking on availability. I haven't yet followed up.

So far this is the only model we have in stock
Hyundai LCD 17" Q17B-S .26 1280
This is the Black and Sliver Color

You can contact me to purchase if you like.
Please send me some of your information for purchasing.
Feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you!

Willie Leung
ASI, Corp. - Fremont Account Executive
direct: 510-354-0656
fax: 510-226-8858
http://www.asipartner.com

Don't know their price on this, but if someone does check it out, post their response so my lazy ass doesn't have to call them. :)

Fenris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Fenris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Here is a place tht sells the relabled (Analog Only) Q17. Which is (according to the latest 17" LCD guide) Q17A, Q17B, L70 adn I think a Q70 which I have seen. They are over $100 less than Outpost but there is no info on the monitors and some have things like "No Logo on Box" or "No logo on Screen"

http://www.monitorhq.com/hardware/index-brand-Hyundai.html

Some may chance it.....I wouldnt...