Internet wireless access problem with MN-500

Last response: in Networking
a b F Wireless
April 19, 2004 5:50:56 PM

I have several wired computed that access the Internet
fine via the MN-500. When I try to access the Internet
using a wireless connection it fails.
Its an XP box that shows excellent signal strength and
good wireless connection. Does not look as though I am
getting DHCP address when connecting via wireless.
ipconfig shows a strange Autoconfiguration IP address and
subnet mask.
I'm assuming that when I connect wirelessly I should get
a DHCP address just like a wired connection. Anyone have
any ideas on what is wrong?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 19, 2004 7:36:48 PM

Try going to the Command Prompt (not Start/Run) and type in "ipconfig
/release" without the quotes. Then follow that with "ipconfig /renew" again
without the quotes. After that, you may need to restart your system, but
should receive the DHCP feed properly.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP