Internet wireless access problem with MN-500

I have several wired computed that access the Internet
fine via the MN-500. When I try to access the Internet
using a wireless connection it fails.
Its an XP box that shows excellent signal strength and
good wireless connection. Does not look as though I am
getting DHCP address when connecting via wireless.
ipconfig shows a strange Autoconfiguration IP address and
subnet mask.
I'm assuming that when I connect wirelessly I should get
a DHCP address just like a wired connection. Anyone have
any ideas on what is wrong?
1 answer Last reply
More about internet wireless access problem

    Try going to the Command Prompt (not Start/Run) and type in "ipconfig
    /release" without the quotes. Then follow that with "ipconfig /renew" again
    without the quotes. After that, you may need to restart your system, but
    should receive the DHCP feed properly.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "LaPlante" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have several wired computed that access the Internet
    > fine via the MN-500. When I try to access the Internet
    > using a wireless connection it fails.
    > Its an XP box that shows excellent signal strength and
    > good wireless connection. Does not look as though I am
    > getting DHCP address when connecting via wireless.
    > ipconfig shows a strange Autoconfiguration IP address and
    > subnet mask.
    > I'm assuming that when I connect wirelessly I should get
    > a DHCP address just like a wired connection. Anyone have
    > any ideas on what is wrong?

Routers Wireless Connection Internet Networking