USB Devices

540dude

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
So, I get home from work and my mouse and keyboard stopped working.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling USB controllers but no luck.
They are both plug-in-play.
358829i.jpg

Really not enjoying Win7, might go back to XP.
Any help?

540dude

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Also, when I plug my mouse in, it lights up for a split second and then goes dull again.

*edit* now when I plug it in, it's not even trying to install drivers for it or saying it's unrecognized. Just simply not working.

alishathomaz

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
If a problem occurs on your computer after you install or update a driver, use Windows
Device Driver Rollback to replace the driver with the previously installed version.

1 Click the Start button and click Control Panel.
2 Under Pick a Category, click Performance and Maintenance.
3 Click System.
4 In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
5 Click Device Manager.
6 Right-click the device for which the new driver was installed and click Properties.
7 Click the Drivers tab.
8 Click Roll Back Driver.
If Device Driver Rollback does not resolve the problem, then use System Restore to return your
computer to the operating state that existed before you installed the new driver.

540dude

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately this did not resolve the issue. This seems to be a common problem with Win7 yet I cannot find a direct answer to it.

540dude

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Ok. I did a fresh install of windows and drivers installed fine and everything was going good. I get back to my computer today, reboot it and my mouse and keyboard weren't working. When I finally got to my home screen divers tried
Reinstalling and failed.