Sign in with
Your question

Wireless router question help plz

Last response: in Networking
May 12, 2012 3:45:10 AM

ok heres the setup i have in mind and tell me if this is possible.. i want to plug the modem straight to my pc in ethernet port one and then ethernet port 2 to a wireless router and feed the router internet threw my pc is this possible ? i have connectivy issues from being directly behind with router let me know if i can do this ty in advance
May 12, 2012 5:50:00 AM

the short answer is Yes it is possible, BUT I would not recommend doing it since your computer will be accessible to any hacker around the world.

what kind of problem do you encounter when your computer is behind the router?
m
l
May 12, 2012 7:33:51 PM

i cant access some secure (https) sites
m
l
Related resources
May 12, 2012 9:04:44 PM

what kind of router do you use?

what type of secure sites? online banking
m
l
May 13, 2012 2:57:28 AM

d-link DGL-4300 wireless router

and yes bank sites , paypal, ebay etc
m
l
May 13, 2012 8:01:52 PM

the router should not keep you from accessing those sites. Are you getting time out errors?

have you check your computers for malware, viruses, and rootkits?
m
l
May 14, 2012 3:48:08 PM

it is the router cuz i connect to modem and its fine
m
l
May 15, 2012 9:29:38 AM

Emerald said:
what kind of router do you use?

what type of secure sites? online banking

Router is a best networking device that is used to access Internet connection. I am using Cisco Linksys EA3500 dual band wireless very secure Router that gives best performance. It has user friendly setup that manage home or office network.
m
l
May 15, 2012 4:04:23 PM

does it uses default setting except for the wireless security?
m
l
May 16, 2012 10:05:12 AM

Emerald said:
does it uses default setting except for the wireless security?

It make networking easy to share Internet data. With the wireless network our data are not transfer through the cable but it transfer through the airwaves so anyone can listen in our network. To secure wireless network we have to change default password and default SSID. We also have to enable WPA Encryption and MAC address filtering as well as Disable SSID broadcast.
m
l
!