K700i

Does anyone please have any ideas of getting the radio to work on the
K700i.

My daughter got it from Carphone Wharehouse and it's on Vodaphone.

She went back to C.W. and they tried three others to no avail.
Vodaphone now says the function is not available.

Seems a bit petty to me, but I can't find any downloads to get it
going.

Many thanks.
--
Brian E.Ashley Ashley Technical Services
brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk

    "Brian E. Ashley" <brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone please have any ideas of getting the radio to work on the
    > K700i.
    >
    > My daughter got it from Carphone Wharehouse and it's on Vodaphone.
    >
    > She went back to C.W. and they tried three others to no avail.
    > Vodaphone now says the function is not available.
    >
    > Seems a bit petty to me, but I can't find any downloads to get it
    > going.
    >
    > Many thanks.
    > --
    > Brian E.Ashley Ashley Technical Services
    > brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk
    > brian@nospammyrtle.demon.co.uk (remove 'nospam' to reply)

    got a K700i on Orange and the radio works fine ,don't forget it will ONLY
    work when the hands free is plugged in as it needs that to act as the aerial

    "Brian E. Ashley" <brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone please have any ideas of getting the radio to work on the
    > K700i.
    >
    > My daughter got it from Carphone Wharehouse and it's on Vodaphone.
    >
    > She went back to C.W. and they tried three others to no avail.
    > Vodaphone now says the function is not available.
    >
    > Seems a bit petty to me, but I can't find any downloads to get it
    > going.
    >
    > Many thanks.
    > --
    > Brian E.Ashley Ashley Technical Services
    > brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk
    > brian@nospammyrtle.demon.co.uk (remove 'nospam' to reply)

    Have you got the headphones attached? I've herd the K700 needs the
    headphones to act as an antenna for the radio. Just thought I'd check to
    make sure

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:05:07 +0100, "Kolicha" <post@newsgroup.com>
    wrote:

    ||>"Brian E. Ashley" <brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    ||>Have you got the headphones attached? I've herd the K700 needs the
    ||>headphones to act as an antenna for the radio. Just thought I'd check to
    ||>make sure

    Yep many thanks she tried that, it seems to be a Vodaphone thing.
    --
    Brian E.Ashley Ashley Technical Services
    brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk
    brian@nospammyrtle.demon.co.uk (remove 'nospam' to reply)

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:50:49 GMT, Brian E. Ashley
    <brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Does anyone please have any ideas of getting the radio to work on the
    >K700i.
    >
    >My daughter got it from Carphone Wharehouse and it's on Vodaphone.
    >
    >She went back to C.W. and they tried three others to no avail.
    >Vodaphone now says the function is not available.
    >
    >Seems a bit petty to me, but I can't find any downloads to get it
    >going.
    >
    >Many thanks.

    There are several software modifications and versions of this unit.
    The Vodafone spec has quite extensive customisation for their Live!
    service, however none of these affect the use of the radio, it is
    however very sensitive to weak signal (on all networks) and requires
    the headset connected as already mentioned.

    You are getting duff advice or duff hardware.

    Ahmose

    "Ahmose" wrote:
    > There are several software modifications and versions of this unit.

    where to find software modifications for the k700i??

    chears
    Jan

    How do you enlarge the system font ala T68i?
    Is there a service menu hack?

    In article <e7mtf014vtvl9kr452bsstujukh4f2nqi5@4ax.com>, Ahmose
    <ahmose@homerightnow.com> wrote:

    > On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:50:49 GMT, Brian E. Ashley
    > <brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Does anyone please have any ideas of getting the radio to work on the
    > >K700i.
    > >
    > >My daughter got it from Carphone Wharehouse and it's on Vodaphone.
    > >
    > >She went back to C.W. and they tried three others to no avail.
    > >Vodaphone now says the function is not available.
    > >
    > >Seems a bit petty to me, but I can't find any downloads to get it
    > >going.
    > >
    > >Many thanks.
    >

    > There are several software modifications and versions of this unit.
    > The Vodafone spec has quite extensive customisation for their Live!
    > service, however none of these affect the use of the radio, it is
    > however very sensitive to weak signal (on all networks) and requires
    > the headset connected as already mentioned.
    >
    > You are getting duff advice or duff hardware.
    >

    > Ahmose

    The radio is switched on when you insert the portable handsfree (headset).

    "Bernd" <gone_bernd@gone_gaykema.com> wrote in

    > The radio is switched on when you insert the portable handsfree
    > (headset).
    >
    > "Poler" <poler@nospam-yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> How do you enlarge the system font ala T68i?
    >> Is there a service menu hack?
    >>
    >> In article <e7mtf014vtvl9kr452bsstujukh4f2nqi5@4ax.com>, Ahmose
    >> <ahmose@homerightnow.com> wrote:

    >> > There are several software modifications and versions of this unit.
    >> > The Vodafone spec has quite extensive customisation for their Live!
    >> > service, however none of these affect the use of the radio, it is
    >> > however very sensitive to weak signal (on all networks) and
    >> > requires the headset connected as already mentioned.
    >> >
    >> > You are getting duff advice or duff hardware.
    >> >

    >> > Ahmose

    Just a quickie, does it work with a BT headset or does it need the wire
    one? I am guessing it wil lneed the wire for the antenna ?

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 07:43:06 GMT, Paul <bronna@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk>
    wrote:

    ||>"Bernd" <gone_bernd@gone_gaykema.com> wrote in

    ||>Just a quickie, does it work with a BT headset or does it need the wire
    ||>one? I am guessing it wil lneed the wire for the antenna ?

    Many thanks

    It's a wire version. She has tried everything C.Warehouse couldn't get
    it going nor could the Vodaphone shop.
    --
    Brian E.Ashley Ashley Technical Services
    brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk
    brian@nospammyrtle.demon.co.uk (remove 'nospam' to reply)
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    wrote:

    >Just a quickie, does it work with a BT headset or does it need the wire
    >one? I am guessing it wil lneed the wire for the antenna ?

    It needs the wire plugged in the bottom.
    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----