Subwoofer placement

Hi!

Could you give me a tip on how to place my subwoofer so that i could
get most of it while it wouldn't be heard outside my room. What ir
mean is - when listening to music on 'social level' the music can not
be heard outside my room except deep lows made by subwoofer.

Whats more confusing I use it only for subtle bass pressence but it
'becomes' as twice as loud when I leave to other rooms... So as I
live in a flat I presume same effect applies to my neighbours upstairs
and downstairs. I Believe they wouldn't appreciate my listening
sessions :)

I've got AudioPro 'Sub Cinema' if it's important.

Thanks a lot

More about subwoofer placement

    In article <97534bee.0502091532.219d901e@posting.google.com>,
    arnis@grafton.lv (GeeTee) wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Could you give me a tip on how to place my subwoofer so that i could
    > get most of it while it wouldn't be heard outside my room. What ir
    > mean is - when listening to music on 'social level' the music can not
    > be heard outside my room except deep lows made by subwoofer.
    >
    > Whats more confusing I use it only for subtle bass pressence but it
    > 'becomes' as twice as loud when I leave to other rooms... So as I
    > live in a flat I presume same effect applies to my neighbours upstairs
    > and downstairs. I Believe they wouldn't appreciate my listening
    > sessions :)
    >
    > I've got AudioPro 'Sub Cinema' if it's important.
    >

    > Thanks a lot

    AFAIK There are only 2 ways to seperate low frequencies between spaces,
    mass and/or dead air space. Sub frequencies travel easily through walls,
    especially normal home walls.

    --
    Cyrus

    *coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:49:44 GMT, Cyrus <invalid@i.like.spam> wrote:

    >AFAIK There are only 2 ways to seperate low frequencies between spaces,
    >mass and/or dead air space.

    Actually, a vacuum is even better! (Anyone for a Dewar HT room?)

    Kal

    On 9 Feb 2005 15:32:20 -0800, arnis@grafton.lv (GeeTee) wrote:

    >Could you give me a tip on how to place my subwoofer so that i could
    >get most of it while it wouldn't be heard outside my room. What ir
    >mean is - when listening to music on 'social level' the music can not
    >be heard outside my room except deep lows made by subwoofer.
    >
    >Whats more confusing I use it only for subtle bass pressence but it
    >'becomes' as twice as loud when I leave to other rooms... So as I
    >live in a flat I presume same effect applies to my neighbours upstairs
    >and downstairs. I Believe they wouldn't appreciate my listening
    >sessions :)
    >
    >I've got AudioPro 'Sub Cinema' if it's important.

    Not really. Low frequencies aren't very directional - it's why
    sub-unit placement isn't critical.

    Note that if you can HEAR the sub-woofer as a separate source, it's
    way out of balance. Turn it down.

    In article <97534bee.0502091532.219d901e@posting.google.com>, arnis@grafton.lv
    says...
    >Hi!
    >Could you give me a tip on how to place my subwoofer so that i could
    >get most of it while it wouldn't be heard outside my room. What ir
    >mean is - when listening to music on 'social level' the music can not
    >be heard outside my room except deep lows made by subwoofer.
    >Whats more confusing I use it only for subtle bass pressence but it
    >'becomes' as twice as loud when I leave to other rooms... So as I
    >live in a flat I presume same effect applies to my neighbours upstairs
    >and downstairs. I Believe they wouldn't appreciate my listening
    >sessions :)
    >I've got AudioPro 'Sub Cinema' if it's important.

    Build a false floor and cieling to issolate your neighbors. Short of that,
    there is not much you can do.
    Alex

    > Note that if you can HEAR the sub-woofer as a separate source, it's
    > way out of balance. Turn it down.

    It's more like I feel it not 'hear' it :)

Music Audio