Sign in with
Your question

DVD on TV screen

Last response: in Storage
May 6, 2002 12:21:29 AM

Hi all, I was initially having regional access problems with my Pioneer 106S DVD-ROM drive. I couldnt watch any DVDs but 'Region-Kill' fixed all those regional accessing probs. Now I can watch any DVD on my monitor.
Then I tought it is better to watch DVDs on my big TV (80cm) rather than on my 17" small screen. I have a GeForce2 MX400 (64M) graphic card with TV-OUT (RCA). I am using PowerDVD (4.0) and when I connect my comp to TV I can see desktop in color and everything is ok, untill I try to watch a DVD. PowerDVD comes up with Error Code F4D41436 - Details: This copy protected disc cannot be palyed when the TV-out function is enabled.
I am connecting TV-out (RCA) to TV's AV-input(RCA).
I tried to find latest drivers for my GeForce card but couldnt find any - current drivers are version 4.00.
When I rip the DVD movie to H/D and try to watch on TV it works!!!! So, I guees that error is something to do with macrovision???? Has anyone seen this error before??
Is there anything I can do to watch DVD movies without ripping it first???
O/S - Win 98 (SE)
Graphic Card - GeForce2 MX400 (with TV out) - Nvidia
Thanking you all in advance.

More about : dvd screen

May 7, 2002 1:55:44 AM

It's a problem with PowerDVD, Macrovision, and your video card. Certain TV output chips are not Macrovision compliant. Cyberlink therefore blocks TV-Output of Macrovision copy protected DVD's on those cards. There are several solutions, all of which are illegal because they also enable you to record DVD to VCR. But anyway, the information you need is at <A HREF="http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/nvidia/" target="_new">http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/nvidia/&lt;/A>

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
May 11, 2002 11:39:05 PM

Actually, Crashman, none of which are illegal if used only for fair use purposes. If you make the copy for your own use it is not illegal to use any of the products.

If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.
May 12, 2002 1:34:02 AM

they dont really want you to be able to make copies tho. they want you to buy copies....not make them yourself...
but it isnt illegal to make copies...they just discourage it, because they dont make money when you copy it.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-
!