Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Green screen when playing video"s

Last response: in Windows 7
April 4, 2012 9:41:17 AM

hi,i have this problem with my pc. when i play you tube video"s and other video"s online,the area where the video is playing on the screen goes green(not the whole screen),and i cant see the video,it is quite random coz some you tube video"s work ok,my adobe flash player is up to date,i reinstalled windows 7 64bit a few weeks ago,my system was running fine and then started to do this,it is fine when gaming,no problems,i will list my pc spec"s below,any assistance is appreciated..thank you

asrock pro 3 motherboard

intel core I5 2500k cpu

coolermaster hyper 212 cpu cooler

gainward gtx560 ti golden sample graphics card

coolermaster CM STORM chassis

antec 650watt true power psu

4 gig gskill memory

Best solution

April 4, 2012 9:45:31 AM

right click on a video and go to settings (flash settings), disable hardware acceleration and see if that fixes it.

If it does it means the decoder chip on your GPU is faulty. RMA it.
April 4, 2012 9:49:56 AM

not true^... i'm in the same boat, Change your graphic drivers. For me, This fixed my woes with the green.
m
l
Related resources
April 4, 2012 9:51:11 AM

americanbrian said:
right click on a video and go to settings (flash settings), disable hardware acceleration and see if that fixes it.

If it does it means the decoder chip on your GPU is faulty. RMA it.

i did that and it fixed the problem,hey many thanks for your assistance...thank you
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 4, 2012 9:51:15 AM

it could also be a bad video driver.

I know that lately I have been having issues with youtube when switching between browser and full-screen mode, and it happens on multiple machines, so some of this may be some youtube growing pains.
m
l
April 4, 2012 9:55:00 AM

Best answer selected by mrclownface.
m
l
April 4, 2012 10:01:59 AM

I must say, try the driver thing I guess, worth a shot, however I notice that there is a real issue with mid-range GFX cards recently.

there is such price pressure to compete here that I think manufacturers are skimping where they think it isn't too obvious, like the video decoders and GDDR chips. people pay for the GPU, not the brand of GDDR, so they will buy as cheap as they can and run as close to the limit as possible.

Just a casual observation of the trends I see on these forums.
m
l
!