Solved

Green screen when playing video"s

hi,i have this problem with my pc. when i play you tube video"s and other video"s online,the area where the video is playing on the screen goes green(not the whole screen),and i cant see the video,it is quite random coz some you tube video"s work ok,my adobe flash player is up to date,i reinstalled windows 7 64bit a few weeks ago,my system was running fine and then started to do this,it is fine when gaming,no problems,i will list my pc spec"s below,any assistance is appreciated..thank you

asrock pro 3 motherboard

intel core I5 2500k cpu

coolermaster hyper 212 cpu cooler

gainward gtx560 ti golden sample graphics card

coolermaster CM STORM chassis

antec 650watt true power psu

4 gig gskill memory
Reply to mrclownface
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about green screen playing video
  1. Best answer
    right click on a video and go to settings (flash settings), disable hardware acceleration and see if that fixes it.

If it does it means the decoder chip on your GPU is faulty. RMA it.
    Reply to americanbrian
  2. not true^... i'm in the same boat, Change your graphic drivers. For me, This fixed my woes with the green.
    Reply to dormantreign
  3. americanbrian said:
    right click on a video and go to settings (flash settings), disable hardware acceleration and see if that fixes it.

i did that and it fixed the problem,hey many thanks for your assistance...thank you
    Reply to mrclownface
  4. it could also be a bad video driver.

I know that lately I have been having issues with youtube when switching between browser and full-screen mode, and it happens on multiple machines, so some of this may be some youtube growing pains.
    Reply to CaedenV
  5. Best answer selected by mrclownface.
    Reply to mrclownface
  6. Your welcome!
    Reply to americanbrian
  7. I must say, try the driver thing I guess, worth a shot, however I notice that there is a real issue with mid-range GFX cards recently.

there is such price pressure to compete here that I think manufacturers are skimping where they think it isn't too obvious, like the video decoders and GDDR chips. people pay for the GPU, not the brand of GDDR, so they will buy as cheap as they can and run as close to the limit as possible.

Just a casual observation of the trends I see on these forums.
    Reply to americanbrian
  8. dormantreign said:
    not true^... i'm in the same boat, Change your graphic drivers. For me, This fixed my woes with the green.
    I need help fixing it step by step
    Reply to GoodWork
  9. americanbrian said:

there is no hardware acceleration to select
    Reply to Will7218
  10. is it a flash video or html5? If you are running chrome the setting is located elsewhere. search the settings for acceleration and a check box is there somewhere.
    Reply to americanbrian
  11. If you are on Facebook or any other website where videos will not play because it turns black or green with no video but you have sound...
    Solution:
    Whatever browser you are using... chrome, firefox or internet explorer... You have to turn off Hardware Acceleration. then close your browser... then go back in, and you shouldn't have this problem anymore....
    Example of this is... Chrome | three horizontal lines at the top right of your browser | click SETTINGS | scroll down untill you see Advanced Options | Scroll down until you see Hardware Acceleration | Uncheck the box... then close your browser or refresh... videos should play without turning green

mrclownface said:
    hi,i have this problem with my pc. when i play you tube video"s and other video"s online,the area where the video is playing on the screen goes green(not the whole screen),and i cant see the video,it is quite random coz some you tube video"s work ok,my adobe flash player is up to date,i reinstalled windows 7 64bit a few weeks ago,my system was running fine and then started to do this,it is fine when gaming,no problems,i will list my pc spec"s below,any assistance is appreciated..thank you

asrock pro 3 motherboard

intel core I5 2500k cpu

4 gig gskill memory
    Reply to SpartiChaos
  12. SpartiChaos said:
    If you are on Facebook or any other website where videos will not play because it turns black or green with no video but you have sound...
    Solution:
    Whatever browser you are using... chrome, firefox or internet explorer... You have to turn off Hardware Acceleration. then close your browser... then go back in, and you shouldn't have this problem anymore....
    Example of this is... Chrome | three horizontal lines at the top right of your browser | click SETTINGS | scroll down untill you see Advanced Options | Scroll down until you see Hardware Acceleration | Uncheck the box... then close your browser or refresh... videos should play without turning green

mrclownface said:

asrock pro 3 motherboard

intel core I5 2500k cpu

4 gig gskill memory

Reply to Mike_179
  13. is not checked on my machine so it did not fix it
    Reply to Mike_179
  14. Hi everyone,
    I have ATI RADEON 4870 and since i installed Windows 10 i had green screen in every video while using bs player or any player and green screen in youtube videos. I saw many solutions by noone of them were useful. Then, i remembered that 10 years ago when i had windows XP i used to download ffdshow codecs. So I download ffdshow codecs and... miracle!!! I can see now my videos and everything without green screen.
    Try it guys, i am not advertise ffdshow but these codecs solve my problem.
    Reply to Kasparidis
  15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlZKv_9Jf74

the answer in a 1 minute video

Good Luck!
    Reply to thewodros
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Green Screen Video Windows 7