Turtle Beach: OEM or Retail?

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
As stated in the title, i don't know whether to get the OEM or the retail card... is there a major difference? I know there might be a lack of extra software but is it really needed?

Jesus may save, but <i>I</i> invest.

juicebykurt

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
Buy from newegg.com. "All parts come with original manufacture warranty." That is stated on their site and they have excellent customer support. And you still get the driver/software cd and the audio cable. The only issue you may have is if you need technical support regarding the card. It is usually up to the manufacture, whether or not to provide it. But this is typically a moot point since you can get drivers and answers to most questions directly from the product website.

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
yeah i was thinking about buying from newegg (since i'm buying a ton of parts from there already) but i wasn't sure if i should go w/ the OEM card. Btw, where is that line about all products come w/ manufacturer warrenty?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Mnx4 on 05/08/02 09:08 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

juicebykurt

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
I found it after adding that card to my cart and then checking out. It says that in one of the screens during the 5 step checkout process. The only sound card I have bought retail was the Live Gamer version. It came with Theif 2, Deus Ex, UT, and MDK2. I figured that was a pretty sweet deal since I was gonna buy Dues Ex and UT anyway. Basically got the card for free... ;)