T637 used as modem ?

Last response: in Brands
July 23, 2004 5:08:26 AM

I have successfully used my T637 as a modem for my laptop with aol but the
connection speed was very slow, 8900. My data cable is serial and I
believe the connection speed would be higher with a USB cable.
Does anyone know what that connection speed might be ?

Thanks,
Steve

More about : t637 modem

Anonymous
July 23, 2004 12:15:32 PM

"Cotsford" <cotsford@aol.com> wrote in message
| I have successfully used my T637 as a modem for my laptop with aol but the
| connection speed was very slow, 8900. My data cable is serial and I
| believe the connection speed would be higher with a USB cable.
| Does anyone know what that connection speed might be ?

Using your cell phone to dial in you will only get a max of 9600 in the US.
No US carriers to my knowledge use HSCSD, so you are stuck with CSD speed.
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 7:29:53 PM

Unless you buy GPRS service. Then you will get around 28000-36000.

"Jason Cothran" <reply@board.nomail> wrote in message

> "Cotsford" <cotsford@aol.com> wrote in message
> | I have successfully used my T637 as a modem for my laptop with aol but
the
> | connection speed was very slow, 8900. My data cable is serial and I
> | believe the connection speed would be higher with a USB cable.
> | Does anyone know what that connection speed might be ?
> |

> Using your cell phone to dial in you will only get a max of 9600 in the
US.
> No US carriers to my knowledge use HSCSD, so you are stuck with CSD speed.

Anonymous
July 27, 2004 11:47:13 PM

"Brad Nishida" <none@noreply.com> wrote in message
| Unless you buy GPRS service. Then you will get around 28000-36000.

Actually with GPRS even with very very low signal (to the point of not being
able to hold a call), I still usually get 40+ with GPRS. It is definately
much faster, much more stable, and much more reliable than CSD.
!