T637 used as modem ?

I have successfully used my T637 as a modem for my laptop with aol but the
connection speed was very slow, 8900. My data cable is serial and I
believe the connection speed would be higher with a USB cable.
Does anyone know what that connection speed might be ?

Thanks,
Steve
3 answers Last reply
More about t637 modem

    "Cotsford" <cotsford@aol.com> wrote in message
    | I have successfully used my T637 as a modem for my laptop with aol but the
    | connection speed was very slow, 8900. My data cable is serial and I
    | believe the connection speed would be higher with a USB cable.
    | Does anyone know what that connection speed might be ?

    Using your cell phone to dial in you will only get a max of 9600 in the US.
    No US carriers to my knowledge use HSCSD, so you are stuck with CSD speed.

    Unless you buy GPRS service. Then you will get around 28000-36000.

    "Brad Nishida" <none@noreply.com> wrote in message
    | Unless you buy GPRS service. Then you will get around 28000-36000.

    Actually with GPRS even with very very low signal (to the point of not being
    able to hold a call), I still usually get 40+ with GPRS. It is definately
    much faster, much more stable, and much more reliable than CSD.

Ericsson Connection Modem Cable