Cordless phone interference with 802.11b network?

Hi,

I have heard that 2.4ghz cordless phones will interfere
with my home wireless network. Has anyone else
experienced this? How about 5.8Ghz? I am assuming that
the 5.8Ghz wouldn't because it is a totally different
frequency, but I've heard of stranger things.

Thanks,

C.J.

The 5.8 versions work really well - we have a couple - but you need to look
at the specs from the various manufacturers because some use 5.8/2.4 in
combination. If you're going to purchase new cordless phones, either go
with a straight 5.8 or even the 900 MHz versions.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"C.J." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have heard that 2.4ghz cordless phones will interfere
> with my home wireless network. Has anyone else
> experienced this? How about 5.8Ghz? I am assuming that
> the 5.8Ghz wouldn't because it is a totally different
> frequency, but I've heard of stranger things.
>
> Thanks,
>
> C.J.

Hi,

Your 2.4GHz cordless phones may interfere with your 802.11b wireless
network.
You can avoid the interference by adjusting the wireless channel on your
802.11b access point.

If you're using a cordless phone that uses 5.8GHz then you won't get any
interference from the 2.4GHz band.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"C.J." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have heard that 2.4ghz cordless phones will interfere
> with my home wireless network. Has anyone else
> experienced this? How about 5.8Ghz? I am assuming that
> the 5.8Ghz wouldn't because it is a totally different
> frequency, but I've heard of stranger things.
>
> Thanks,
>
> C.J.

joker

Gary don't forget some of the 5.8GHz phones use the 2.4GHz frequency.