Please Help. Windows 7 strat up slow slow slow.

fifilapoo

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
My son had vista 32 and upgraded to windows 7 64. he kept getting problems with World of Warcraft so he installed windows 7 32. He then decided to go back to vista this time 64 bit. then he could not get internet because he did not have the driver installation for the ethernet. Also the start up and close down ran at a snails pace really slow. so he reinstalled windows 7 32bit thinking it would return to how it was but it wont start up and is trying to fix itself without prompting. what should I do? will reggenie help due to the reg keys being left after all these installations? is it any thing else?
thanks.

Solution
back up all your data & do a clean install, with any one of the OS which you want.
You can download almost all device drivers from internet and install!

fifilapoo

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

I have always done a clean install. I am just doing a clean install of vista 64 again but I think i might have to format my partitions. at the moment it has one with 100mb with 100mb free the other is 457gig with around 446 free. I am installing on the later. any tips let me know.
thanks for your answer
Fifilapoo

fifilapoo

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

I have always done a clean install. I might have to format my partitions but i dont know what I am doing. thanks for anserwing and can you give me some more advice please.
Fifilapoo

On startup, tap the delete key. When the blue BIOS screen comes up, look for the 1st boot device setting. Change that to the DVD drive. Inser the windows 7 disc. Save and exit the BIOS. On restart you should see a prompt to 'press any key.' Do so when you see the message. It will then start the format/install process.

Check out the slideshow/guide for doing a custom install here:
http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/0,1206,l=245355&a=245352,00.asp

When windows finishes installing, your old user files will be located in c:\windows.old.