Sign in with
Your question

Problems with BSoDs

Last response: in Windows 7
April 4, 2012 11:13:21 AM

Hi guys, firstly I would like to apologise if I post this in the wrong thread as I'm not exactly sure what my problem is.

On to the problem, recently my computer has been crashing randomly, then displaying a blue screen with the error messages being BAD_POOL_HEADER or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This happens very randomly, sometimes my computer will do fine for three days without crashing but sometimes it just crashes twice a day and refuses to start up for a long time. I am quite a bit of a computer idiot, but from what I have found from google searches it seems to be a problem with my registry, or a programme that I have installed recently. I am currently using Windows 7. I have rebooted it in safe mode and ran a full computer scan for spyware and there does not seem to be any. Hopefully someone can help me with my problem, thanks alot!

More about : problems bsods

a b $ Windows 7
April 4, 2012 11:42:16 AM

System specs! Have you updated your system recently ie New drivers, system updates etc etc!
a b $ Windows 7
April 4, 2012 12:44:42 PM

Both BAD_POOL_HEADER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL lead me to suspect RAM, as BAD_POOL_HEADER in particular points to memory corruption. Test the RAM with memtest86/Prime 95 [blend test] and report back.
April 4, 2012 1:36:42 PM

I had that message and my problem was overheating gDDR on my gfx card.

had to run fan at 100% the whole time until I got a new card.
!