Philips loudspeaker parameters

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
February 11, 2005 3:52:44 AM

Hi all

I am looking for loudspeaker parameters for the following drivers. I
have had them for some time and am finally getting arround to build
some enclosures. I need the Thiele Small parameters to design the
enclosures

They are all Philips drivers from the 80's I think

Woofer - AD 12100 W8
Midrange - AD 0210 Sq8
Tweeter - AD 01600 T8

I have found a couple of links to Philips speaker driver data but they
are all dead links. Philips themselves havenot replied to my enquiries.

Any ideas or do I have to measure them myself?
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 11, 2005 1:59:27 PM

All those numbers are familiar but, unfortunately, I tossed all that
ancient Philips documentation years ago. Good luck on finding the
data. Perhaps you might be better served with modern drivers since,
in my experience, those Philips paper cones get dry and brittle with
age.

Kal

On 11 Feb 2005 00:52:44 -0800, "jeb" <jebronlund@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I am looking for loudspeaker parameters for the following drivers. I
>have had them for some time and am finally getting arround to build
>some enclosures. I need the Thiele Small parameters to design the
>enclosures
>
>They are all Philips drivers from the 80's I think
>
>Woofer - AD 12100 W8
>Midrange - AD 0210 Sq8
>Tweeter - AD 01600 T8
>
>I have found a couple of links to Philips speaker driver data but they
>are all dead links. Philips themselves havenot replied to my enquiries.
>
>Any ideas or do I have to measure them myself?
February 11, 2005 6:52:26 PM

You can measure them youself without too much effort. If your soundcard is
reasonably decent, try the free download of PRAXIS
(http://www.libinst.com/praxis_downloads.htm), in demo mode you can use it
to measure T/S parameters of woofers. Make sure you break them in a while,
first, though.

!