Sign in with
Your question

Print without printing?

Last response: in Business Computing
October 28, 2011 5:58:48 PM

Hey folks, first I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong spot.

Here is the situation, my office uses a Kyocera KM40-50i we print a lot of documents only to scan them back into the system and fax them off as PDFs. I am looking to cut our time and waste so I am wondering if any of you would have a solution where I can do something like Print the document directly to a folder without actually printing it, or is there a way to print it as a fax without sending it as an iFax to an email adress as that is not HIPPA compliant. Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if I dont respond quickly.

More about : print printing

October 28, 2011 6:00:24 PM

Oh I forgot, I should also specify I have to use print as the program we are using does not have an export tool that displays the data as cleanly as printing it does.
October 28, 2011 6:07:47 PM

There are any number of programs that will let you print to PDF. MS Office since 2007 can also save as PDF (you may need to install an add-in). Acrobat Standard and Professional have it (the Adobe PDF print driver is likely to work better than the PDFMaker tool), and various other "free" or low-cost utilities (e.g. bioPDF, Nitro, others) can do it as well.

Edit: if you're using some specific other program, the Adobe PDF print driver installed with Acrobat Standard or Professional (not the free Reader) will work for you.
Related resources
November 6, 2011 8:54:17 PM

If you have Windows 7 you can use XPS viewer. Just print to XPS like you would with a regular printer. The you can convert the XPS file to PDF.
November 7, 2011 5:26:35 PM

runswindows95 said:
http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

I've been using this program for about three years now, and never had an issue with it. It actually installs as a printer. When you hit Print, you just select it, and it will then allow you to save it as a PDF.

^This! I use CutePDF myself. Just a heads up, though, you may need the GS driver too.
For what it's worth, the native XPS writer in 7 is pretty solid, too.
November 7, 2011 6:14:53 PM

Clouce said:
Oh I forgot, I should also specify I have to use print as the program we are using does not have an export tool that displays the data as cleanly as printing it does.

A network fax driver?
November 22, 2011 10:40:53 AM

The printer in question supports print to fax natively. Having had a look you can download the software from here:

http://www.kyoceramita.co.uk/index/products/download_ce...

It's under software and not drivers. You should then just be able to get the users to print, select the contact and it will appear on the clients fax machine.
!