Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 home premium cannot download pdf

Last response: in Windows 7
April 4, 2012 2:53:13 PM

I cannot download PDF files with Windows 7, or bank statements, cannot save.
I have updated both Java and Adobe files. Nothing seems to work.
a b $ Windows 7
April 4, 2012 3:20:29 PM

google chrome opens pdf files
a c 243 $ Windows 7
April 4, 2012 3:20:57 PM

Can you not view PDFs or are you unable to actually download them to your system?
Related resources
April 4, 2012 4:02:38 PM

cannot actually download pds files; bank statements will not download also; adobe and java are up to date, and have installed google chrome;
any help is appreciated.
a c 243 $ Windows 7
April 4, 2012 4:10:42 PM

Are you on a home or work network?
April 4, 2012 4:43:01 PM

Do you know if you have to be the administrator or do you have permission to download? Maybe your bank website is down at the moment? Can you download something else from a different website?
April 4, 2012 4:57:53 PM

Mine is a private computer. I am a novice, and don't know about being the
administrator. Bank website if working well; just can't see statements or
PDF files.
a c 243 $ Windows 7
April 4, 2012 5:00:46 PM

Assuming you are the only user on your PC, then your account has administrator access on your system (you can make system changes, add programs, etc.).

Have you been able to access PDF files from other websites?
April 4, 2012 5:39:58 PM

no; no PDF files can be seen or saved.
April 4, 2012 5:57:44 PM

I would remove all adobe products and reboot the PC. Then download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader.
a b $ Windows 7
April 4, 2012 6:03:25 PM

Download Adobe Reader and reinstall it (NOTE : BE sure to uncheck the Install McAfee Security Scan Plus checkbox to avoid installing it !!! - Unless you want it) - sounds like either you do not have it installed or something messed up the extension setting and is trying to use some other program to open the files which reinstalling reader and letting it reassign itself as the default program to open the files with should fix !!
April 4, 2012 7:47:32 PM

begnme said:
I would remove all adobe products and reboot the PC. Then download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader.

I cannot thank you enough. Finally someone answered who knew what they were talking about. This actually worked; too many versions were running, I think.

THANK YOU!!! :wahoo: 
!