Audio problems

Tags:
Last response: in Home Audio
February 13, 2005 11:15:42 AM

I just build a new confuser and have problems with the audio.Can't get the
microphone working.Went to:Control panel/sounds and audio devices and tried
everything.By tapping on the mike I can see slight movement on the VU
meter.Anybody can help?
specs:
MB Asrock P4V88
audio engine:XEAR 3D CRL3D EAX20 A3D1.0
audio codec: CMI 9761A
audio driver:5.1201.0041.3(39b)
audio controller: VIA 3059
Direct X 9.0b
Soundcard software C-Media
By the way: tried all settings and tried another mike.Mikes work on other
computer

More about : audio problems

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:15:43 AM

"grolsch" wrote ...
> I just build a new confuser and have problems with the audio.
> Can't get the microphone working.Went to:Control panel/sounds
> and audio devices and tried everything.By tapping on the mike I
> can see slight movement on the VU meter.Anybody can help?
> specs:
> MB Asrock P4V88
> audio engine:XEAR 3D CRL3D EAX20 A3D1.0
> audio codec: CMI 9761A
> audio driver:5.1201.0041.3(39b)
> audio controller: VIA 3059
> Direct X 9.0b
> Soundcard software C-Media
> By the way: tried all settings and tried another mike.
> Mikes work on other computer

Is there a sound card here?
Or is this the sound system on the motherboard?
Does ANY mic work in this system?
Are you sure you have it plugged into the correct input jack?
Tried a different sound card in this computer?
Mic input not muted?
Mic input level adjust to max?
Master input level (if present?) adjusted to max?
Does the mic input have a "+20dB" adjustment (checkbox)?

Consider the fact that the mic input on your device (motherboard
or sound card) may just be broken.

Next time try using a computer instead of a confuser.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:58:53 AM

"grolsch" <qurie@mts.net> wrote in message
> yes both line-in and mic

What is the soundcard ? Maybe the mic input is too insensitive for your
mic (what mic ?)

geoff
February 15, 2005 10:58:54 AM

integrated on motherboard.Mic is garden variety mounted on headset
"Geoff Wood" <geoff@nospam-paf.co.nz> wrote in message

> "grolsch" <qurie@mts.net> wrote in message
> > yes both line-in and mic
>
> What is the soundcard ? Maybe the mic input is too insensitive for your
> mic (what mic ?)
>
> geoff

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:07:35 PM

Get a separate sound card. Integrated ones generally require lots of
support from the uP. Buy a Santa Cruz. It's cheap and good.

Norm Strong

> integrated on motherboard.Mic is garden variety mounted on headset
> "Geoff Wood" <geoff@nospam-paf.co.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> "grolsch" <qurie@mts.net> wrote in message
>> > yes both line-in and mic
>>
>> What is the soundcard ? Maybe the mic input is too insensitive for your
>> mic (what mic ?)
>>
>> geoff

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:27:26 AM

"grolsch" <qurie@mts.net> wrote in message
> integrated on motherboard.Mic is garden variety mounted on headset

Does the mic need DC powering thru the mic connector ? Most have this
function integrated ( a couple of volts), and some require a jumper to
enable it.

geoff
!