P900 or P910?

Last response: in Brands
a b } Memory
July 28, 2004 9:49:43 PM

Please can someone help?
I am considering getting a P900 on an upgrade in just under 2 weeks. I've
considered waiting 2 or 3 months for the P910, but I really like the looks
of the P900 (outside keypad for example). I know the P910 has more memory,
but I'll just buy a 128mb memory stick for the P900. Thumbboard - I don't
like it. I bought my little brother a T610 (with a 65 000 colour display)
and it's display seems pretty good to me. I'm just wondering, has anyone had
some experience with a 262 112 colour display? Is it really THAT much better
than a 65 000?
TIA.
Rapidblue.

More about : p900 p910

Anonymous
a b } Memory
July 29, 2004 2:12:55 AM

Rapiblue wrote:
> Please can someone help?
> I am considering getting a P900 on an upgrade in just under 2 weeks. I've
> considered waiting 2 or 3 months for the P910, but I really like the looks
> of the P900 (outside keypad for example). I know the P910 has more memory,
> but I'll just buy a 128mb memory stick for the P900. Thumbboard - I don't
> like it. I bought my little brother a T610 (with a 65 000 colour display)
> and it's display seems pretty good to me. I'm just wondering, has anyone
> had some experience with a 262 112 colour display? Is it really THAT much
> better than a 65 000?

I think the general consensus with respect to the screen is that the number
of colours is indistinguishable, but that the increased brightness of the
screen on the P910 is a bonus.

With respect to memory, I think there are things you can have only in the
internal memory. Also, external memory on the P900 is "only" 128MB (at any
time, of course, multiple memory sticks are an option)

Ben
a b } Memory
July 29, 2004 3:41:40 AM

Rapiblue wrote:
> I know the P910 has more memory, but I'll just buy a 128mb memory
> stick for the P900.

You know that the P910 has 16 MB more RAM than the P900, not only the
48 MB more internal memory?

--
Stefan Bellon
a b } Memory

You're right, I saw some pictures online showing the difference in
brightness between the 2 phones. There is definitely an improvement in the
P910, but the P900 is still very bright.
What phone are you currently using?

Rapidblue.

"Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Rapiblue wrote:
> > Please can someone help?
> > I am considering getting a P900 on an upgrade in just under 2 weeks.
I've
> > considered waiting 2 or 3 months for the P910, but I really like the
looks
> > of the P900 (outside keypad for example). I know the P910 has more
memory,
> > but I'll just buy a 128mb memory stick for the P900. Thumbboard - I
don't
> > like it. I bought my little brother a T610 (with a 65 000 colour
display)
> > and it's display seems pretty good to me. I'm just wondering, has anyone
> > had some experience with a 262 112 colour display? Is it really THAT
much
> > better than a 65 000?
>
> I think the general consensus with respect to the screen is that the
number
> of colours is indistinguishable, but that the increased brightness of the
> screen on the P910 is a bonus.
>
> With respect to memory, I think there are things you can have only in the
> internal memory. Also, external memory on the P900 is "only" 128MB (at
any
> time, of course, multiple memory sticks are an option)
>
> Ben

a b } Memory
July 30, 2004 12:03:16 AM

Rapiblue wrote:
> You're right, I saw some pictures online showing the difference in
> brightness between the 2 phones. There is definitely an improvement in the
> P910, but the P900 is still very bright.
> What phone are you currently using?

Nokia 6310i.

A screen that works. Battery life is excellent too, after nearly 2 years I
still get a week. That's with around an hour of calls, and on 24/7.

Ben
a b } Memory
July 30, 2004 12:04:27 AM

Cool! Will this help with the speed or with the amount of applications you
can open at one time?

Rapidblue.

"Stefan Bellon" <sbellon@sbellon.de> wrote in message
> Rapiblue wrote:
> > I know the P910 has more memory, but I'll just buy a 128mb memory
> > stick for the P900.
>
> You know that the P910 has 16 MB more RAM than the P900, not only the
> 48 MB more internal memory?
>
> --
> Stefan Bellon
Anonymous
a b } Memory
July 30, 2004 12:04:28 AM

Rapiblue wrote:
> Cool! Will this help with the speed or with the amount of applications you
> can open at one time?

Kind of, but my understanding was that the applications don't really close,
at least for the built-in ones.

Ben
a b } Memory
July 30, 2004 12:18:43 PM

Ben Pope wrote:
> Rapiblue wrote:
> > Cool! Will this help with the speed or with the amount of
> > applications you can open at one time?

> Kind of, but my understanding was that the applications don't really
> close, at least for the built-in ones.

They don't close as long as a new one has enough space to start. If you
run out of space and cannot start a new application, then Symbian OS
closes an already opened application for you to make space.

--
Stefan Bellon
Anonymous

From my understanding of this review:

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/handphones/0,39001713,3903...

the keyboard is not going to get a lot of use. Also, disappointing in that
you can't sync between two PCs because not all fields in the Contacts are
moved over. Poor effort, SE.

!