Problems with computer

Kyle1_35

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Hello, I have started getting this error for a while now, as well as some blue screens.

I restart the program and things work fine, sometimes, other times, it will crash all of my programs and every time I open them, it will automatically close saying it crash with a similar error, "appcrash"

Could anyone help me?

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4
Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17755
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f042c80
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000001a2821
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 16f6
Additional Information 2: 16f691ee11d696491d8e4eb3dab79850
Additional Information 3: 11cd
Additional Information 4: 11cdfa043819629507abef94fd1b12cc

Kyle1_35

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

Right now, it crashes windows explorer every time I click on "computer" in start menu.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Have you scanned your system for virii/malware? If not, I recommend you do so. This sort of behavior is common when certain infections exist on systems. Check out Malwarebytes. Install and update it. Then perform a full scan. Delete everything identified.

Update youe anti-virus program and do a full scan as well.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

You may have to run while in Safe Mode (something to think about) if infected....

Kyle1_35

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Thank you for your reply, I have scanned, but I will do it again, I recently did install malwarebytes, but uninstalled it because I thought there might be a problem with it.
I am running the scan with it now though.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Did you just migrate the previous Win 7 install to the new config or did you do a clean install?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
That is the likely cause of your issues. When moving to new hardware (like a new mobo, processor, and memory) you should really do a full, clean install so that Windows will properly recognize all of the new hardware.

Are all of your hardware devices working properly (according to Windows anyway) in Device Manager?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
OK. What hardware baseline did you start with? And, what do you have now?

Honestly, I think your best course of action is to save all of your files to an external drive and then install Win 7 and all of your drivers/apps from the ground up. Your long-term stability and sanity will be much improved as a result. There is nothing worse than a flakey install to bug you endlessly.

Kyle1_35

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
What do you mean by hardware baseline?
Intel quad core 2.33ghz - AMD FX 4100 quad core 3.61GHz
Motherboard - old intel to sabertooth 990FX
4gb ram to 8gb
added a new 2tb hard drive

When I restart my computer, everything seems fine. It can go days without an error.

I might have to do that.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Understood. Still your install is likely not optimal for your current config.

You should also test your memory to make sure it is good to go. Flakey memory can cause similar issues.

Go here and burn to disk and run Memtest86+:

http://www.memtest.org/

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Going from an Intel baseline to an AMD baseline without a clean install is your problem. To many variables for your system to change and be stable.

You REALLY need to perform a clean install. I am sorry for your troubles, but you really only have one viable option.