T610 "My Shortcuts" Seems Useless!

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
July 30, 2004 12:54:08 AM

Hi.

The "My Shortcuts" facility on the T610 seems almost useless to me!

I want to assign various tasks to "shortcuts" so I only need to do
1 or 2 keypresses to access them. It seems that the "My Shortcuts"
facility only allows you to add activities to the "My Shortcuts"
menu, rather than allowing you to configure them to operate on,
for example, long presses on numbers. (e.g. long press on "3" might
do a "Send and Receive"). But I can't get this, or anything like it.

Is this "Shortcuts" "facility" really as useless as it seems to me,
or am I missing the way to make it useful?

Thanks in advance.

Martin
--
M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967 110890
Manchester, U.K. http://www.fleetie.demon.co.uk

More about : t610 shortcuts useless

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:56:27 AM

Whatever shortcut you assign to Position 1 can be accessed by moving the
joystick to the left. I have it set to switch Bluetooth on and off, for
example.

Ray Martin

"Fleetie" <fleetie@fleetie.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> The "My Shortcuts" facility on the T610 seems almost useless to me!
>
> I want to assign various tasks to "shortcuts" so I only need to do
> 1 or 2 keypresses to access them. It seems that the "My Shortcuts"
> facility only allows you to add activities to the "My Shortcuts"
> menu, rather than allowing you to configure them to operate on,
> for example, long presses on numbers. (e.g. long press on "3" might
> do a "Send and Receive"). But I can't get this, or anything like it.
>
> Is this "Shortcuts" "facility" really as useless as it seems to me,
> or am I missing the way to make it useful?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Martin
> --
> M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967
110890
> Manchester, U.K.
http://www.fleetie.demon.co.uk

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 1:36:27 PM

"Fleetie" <fleetie@fleetie.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> The "My Shortcuts" facility on the T610 seems almost useless to me!
>
> I want to assign various tasks to "shortcuts" so I only need to do
> 1 or 2 keypresses to access them. It seems that the "My Shortcuts"
> facility only allows you to add activities to the "My Shortcuts"
> menu, rather than allowing you to configure them to operate on,
> for example, long presses on numbers. (e.g. long press on "3" might
> do a "Send and Receive"). But I can't get this, or anything like it.
>
> Is this "Shortcuts" "facility" really as useless as it seems to me,
> or am I missing the way to make it useful?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Martin
> --
> M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967
110890
> Manchester, U.K.
http://www.fleetie.demon.co.uk

The shortcuts menu is almost useful. If you access the menu, press 3, then
the shortcut key, you will access that shortcut. It makes it faster then
searching the menus. For example, if you put "Write new MMS" as shortcut 2,
pressing Menu, 3, 2 will acces it faster then Menu, Messages, MMS, Write
new. Also, the first shortcut become the left keypress.

Hope that helps!

CU
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 31, 2004 2:17:44 AM

"Ray Martin" <me@home.com> wrote in message news:cebo9q$51f$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> Whatever shortcut you assign to Position 1 can be accessed by moving the
> joystick to the left. I have it set to switch Bluetooth on and off, for
> example.

Whoah, great.

I already figured that out. But thanks anyway.

So effectively the T610 gives you ONE "real" shortcut.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not knocking you, and thanks for the answers.

Martin >:-/
--
M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967 110890
Manchester, U.K. http://www.fleetie.demon.co.uk
Anonymous
July 31, 2004 2:22:16 AM

"Cellular Unlocker" <cellularunlocker@hotmail.com> wrote
> The shortcuts menu is almost useful. If you access the menu, press 3, then
> the shortcut key, you will access that shortcut. It makes it faster then
> searching the menus. For example, if you put "Write new MMS" as shortcut 2,
> pressing Menu, 3, 2 will acces it faster then Menu, Messages, MMS, Write
> new. Also, the first shortcut become the left keypress.

Aaaahhhh!

Now that is worth knowing. Thank-you.

Still not ideal, but yes, better than I thought.

Thanks for that.

Martin
--
!