Better AV/Firewall than ESET?

Hey guys, my license for ESET Smart Security is about to run a few days and I want to know if there is something better. Overall I am very happy with ESET, I never had a virus (although I am super super cautious with PC security). But before I renew I want to know if ESET is the best of the best still. I need something with AV+Firewall combo. Anyone know if something else is better?

Also, I went with a subscription AV/firewall because I thought it is better than your freeware ones because you are paying for it. Common sense tells me I am right, a product you pay for will 99% be of better quality than a free one because they have the money and resources to make it so. Does this truly hold true for antivirus and firewall software?
3 answers Last reply
More about better firewall eset
  1. Kaspersky Internet security is the ultimate computer protection program.i use this.try this.
  2. I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I grab a copy when it's cheap, which can be had for $10-15 for a lifetime subscription @ Newegg from time to time. It not only works well, but the fact I don't have to keep renewing, reinstalling, researching replacements every time it expires, etc., just makes it simpler. The worst thing imo about any anti-malware product is having to renew it all the time, esp. if you have several machines. Just too much hassle.
  3. Best Firewall choice is Comodo Firewall.

My fav AV is Avast. Best one's are probably Avast, Kaspersky, ESET, BitDefender, and Comodo.

Other programs to have would be - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO, Spybot S&D, and Keyscrambler Premium is amazing :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Firewalls Security Networking