vetplus40

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2001
After giving up trying to use Soyo RAID controllers on WinXP,I tried plain old 98,no go.The device is recognized as a PCI,when in fact its embedded. The cd with the drivers are in the correct path,and accessed.Win 98 returns a "cannot find correct drivers" message. I believe it might be due to the PCI identification. WinXP identified the same stuff as Highpoint.Which it is..Anybody???????

If ya don't ask..How ya gonna know.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
what happened when you tried to use it.
did it not work?
did it work, but the device manager listed it with a different name?
in mine, it says the ide controller is PCI ide...but it is embedded.
mine isnt the soyo...but you get the point.
it is embedded, but it will list it as PCI in the device manager.
and i have not had many problems with xp and drivers...
it installed everything my motherboard needed with no problems.
some more info might help with troubleshooting.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
My built in Promise Ultra 100 also show as PCI, it's normal. Suppose you get a message when trying to use the top PCI slot that it will only work if the new device able to share since it's used by the built in controler card? At least something like that what I get trying to use that PCI slot, so I just use the next one and below.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>

vetplus40

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2001
Here is the jest.XP wouldnt recognize my XP drivers for raid.said they didnt pass the logo test.When loaded,the system locked.
98 would take w98 drivers,and show them under scsi drivers(if you double click.The manual left that part out),then I get a message that all windows files wont load...I am stumped...this is XP PRO,not home..

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
No clue if it would help, but the way to install my card driver was using the Update Driver in Device Manager. Then show it to the XP/2K driver folder on the driver CD and done. Not the same board or card, but you never know.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>

vetplus40

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2001
I tried it the way the manual outlined,but no go.My new HDD crashed,and I am having to start over from scratch.Gonna try XP again to see what happens.:)