Slower internet speeds with windows 7

reprovo

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Hi.I'm dual booting windows 7 64bit and windows vista home premium 32bit.When using windows 7 the internet speeds when browsing ,streaming and downloading are significantly slower than when using vista.
I've tried a couple of solutions like disabling autotuning, resetting tcp , disabling kaspersky,running in safe mode, eliminating programs one by one but nothing seems to help.
I've seen in microsoft forums that quite a few people are having this problem with windows 7 but it seems like the answers are not answers at all but more like trying to avoid facing the issue.

reprovo

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
hi.I'm not using a base test because it's pretty obvious , I mean streaming is around 3-5 times slower, downloads can sometimes be up to 10 times slower, pages open much slower.I'm using ie8 and firefox on windows 7 and ie7 and firefox on windows vista and both browsers are slow.

drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
would this be over wireless by any chance
or try this
http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-7/slow-network-file-copy-issues-in-windows-7-caused-by-remote-differential-compression/

isamuelson

Distinguished
I had a problem because my Kaspersky AND Windows firewall were running at the same time. Once I disabled Windows Firewall, things were much improved.

Do you have a software firewall installed other than Windows firewall? Have you disabled Windows firewall? I'd check all of that. Otherwise, possibly find updated drivers from your NIC manufacturer for Windows 7.

teen23

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
You may be connected to the wrong network or someone else is on your network using all of your bandwidth , to make this situation as clear you need to talk to your ISP ...........
After that check your internet speed test through this site http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ whether the speed is high or not.............