Microsoft office 2010 problems word

gumshue

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
all of a sudden, I can't open any Word or Excel documents that I created. I get the following message....Microsoft word cannot be opened. Try to repair product in control panel.
I did that but nothing happened and I also tried system restore

gumshue

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Brett....When I bought this computer it did not have a disc. Called Dell tech and they said that it wasn't covered under the one year waranty which is still good because it is software. I was livid. I could buy it as an option but I really do not want to lose all my word and excel documents that I can't open. If you have any specific way to repair, let me know. I think I've tried just about everything I know, however, I am not that computer savy.

daship

Distinguished
Download free 30 day trial of Office direct from microsoft, burn to DvD, now yuo got a disc, just enter your product key and life is good.

Get the version you have installed or your key will not work.

If all else fails PM me and I will help you out.

gumshue

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Well, a friend of mine got me to download a FREE program called Open Office and he guided me through. I was able to save and change every word and excel document to this program. It appears that Microsoft Office just wanted to have me pay for getting a disc etc at my cost. Try Open Office. It really works.

Hello,

I would actually suggest libreoffice instead of openoffice. Who knows what Oracle may do with openoffice down the road.

I'm with daship easiest way to fix office with out a disk. No need to do open office if you already paid for MS office.