Microsoft office 2010 problems word

all of a sudden, I can't open any Word or Excel documents that I created. I get the following message....Microsoft word cannot be opened. Try to repair product in control panel.
I did that but nothing happened and I also tried system restore
7 answers Last reply
More about microsoft office 2010 problems word
  1. Hi :)

Put the Office disc back in ...one of the choices is REPAIR....

All the best Brett :)
  2. Brett....When I bought this computer it did not have a disc. Called Dell tech and they said that it wasn't covered under the one year waranty which is still good because it is software. I was livid. I could buy it as an option but I really do not want to lose all my word and excel documents that I can't open. If you have any specific way to repair, let me know. I think I've tried just about everything I know, however, I am not that computer savy.
  3. Download free 30 day trial of Office direct from microsoft, burn to DvD, now yuo got a disc, just enter your product key and life is good.

Get the version you have installed or your key will not work.

If all else fails PM me and I will help you out.
  4. Well, a friend of mine got me to download a FREE program called Open Office and he guided me through. I was able to save and change every word and excel document to this program. It appears that Microsoft Office just wanted to have me pay for getting a disc etc at my cost. Try Open Office. It really works.
  5. gumshue said:
    Well, a friend of mine got me to download a FREE program called Open Office and he guided me through. I was able to save and change every word and excel document to this program. It appears that Microsoft Office just wanted to have me pay for getting a disc etc at my cost. Try Open Office. It really works.

Hello,

I would actually suggest libreoffice instead of openoffice. Who knows what Oracle may do with openoffice down the road.
  6. Libreoffice is based on the code of Openoffice with major improvements.

It is my office suite of choice: http://www.libreoffice.org/download/
  7. daship said:
    Download free 30 day trial of Office direct from microsoft, burn to DvD, now yuo got a disc, just enter your product key and life is good.

Get the version you have installed or your key will not work.

If all else fails PM me and I will help you out.

I'm with daship easiest way to fix office with out a disk. No need to do open office if you already paid for MS office.
Ask a new question

Read More

Microsoft Word Office Windows 7