Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Win7 (*ugh!) how do I make the open folders not layer?

Last response: in Windows 7
April 5, 2012 1:35:52 AM

Hi all

I got the new system built and also have win7 pro 64bit installed. I do graphics and often have several folders open to do transferring of files and adding to runtime libraries and so on. MY GOD! How many windows does this program have to open any way!? How can I get individual separate windows not "stacked" in the task bar???????? I swear this program is crap. *sigh, sorry.... just growing pains i guess. I found this thread...
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/655-63-make-look but it appears to be locked and i could not post this there.

Can someone help on this? I think I am going insane..... to recap, I do NOT want my open folders to "Stack" i want them in individual windows. But separate from themselves at the same time. Just like in the thread i want my cake and eat it too!

Ariana
a c 209 $ Windows 7
April 5, 2012 1:41:25 AM

Right-click on the taskbar, select "properties", go to the "Taskbar" tab, and next to "Taskbar buttons" select "Never combine". There's also a "Combine when taskbar is full" option.
a b $ Windows 7
April 5, 2012 1:43:04 AM

been close by mod look page 3 you have to start a new one for your issue
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
April 5, 2012 1:44:02 AM

Right click on the taskbar, and choose properties.

There is a option there labled "taskbar button" and whether to combine or not.

Also check your folder options, whether to open in a new window, or same window.
April 5, 2012 2:07:37 AM

Best answer selected by Ariana_FFD.
April 5, 2012 2:08:52 AM

Thank You!!! Worked exactly as i wanted!!!!

You so Rock!!! :p 

HugZ!
Ariana
!