Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

a BOSE stinks website - anyone have the link

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 2:25:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

It was listed here many months ago I can't find it through the search
engine. Thanks.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 6:45:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

They were probably threatened with a lawsuit if it wasn't taken down.
Standard Bose practice.

Mark Z.


"Terrified" <crantz7z@windsurf.net> wrote in message
news:KW2Sd.2818$Vi.113@fe11.lga...
> It was listed here many months ago I can't find it through the search
> engine. Thanks.
Related resources
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:53:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
> They were probably threatened with a lawsuit if it wasn't taken down.
> Standard Bose practice.
>
> Mark Z.
>
>
> "Terrified" <crantz7z@windsurf.net> wrote in message
> news:KW2Sd.2818$Vi.113@fe11.lga...
>
>>It was listed here many months ago I can't find it through the search
>>engine. Thanks.
>
Perhaps more accurately,

They were probably threatened with a lawsuit if it wasn't taken down.
Standard "Big Corp" TM practice.

McNasty's "longest running UK lawsuit" has just been in the news again.
Say anything "unflattering" about ANY big corp and they'll be after
you. Like "Do McD exploit, & condone the exploitation, of workers?" I
wonder how "Fast Food Nation" got away with it without being hung, drawn
& quartered?

Oh BTW, if you haven't read it, you should, it may save your life, or at
least, some poor uneducated slaughterhouse worker's.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 1:08:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

In article <KW2Sd.2818$Vi.113@fe11.lga>,
Terrified <crantz7z@windsurf.net> wrote:
>It was listed here many months ago I can't find it through the search
>engine. Thanks.

The late Richard Pierce has a long and colorful history of discrediting
Bose hype and marketing. Most of his "audio anecdote of the interval"
postings have been removed from web sites, but Google Groups has a rich
archive of his postings and te threads coming from them. Just search
Google for "Bose 901 Pierce" for a good start.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 8:53:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
news:cvb1pg$qs6$1@reader2.panix.com
> In article <KW2Sd.2818$Vi.113@fe11.lga>,
> Terrified <crantz7z@windsurf.net> wrote:
>> It was listed here many months ago I can't find it through the search
>> engine. Thanks.
>
> The late Richard Pierce..

I find no evidence that Richard Pierce has passed on. I know he was
profoundly ill for a while, but I was under the impression that he had
recovered. When did this happen?
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 5:01:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

In article <L6adneKaprcvIITfRVn-vw@comcast.com>,
Arny Krueger <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:
>"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
>news:cvb1pg$qs6$1@reader2.panix.com
>> In article <KW2Sd.2818$Vi.113@fe11.lga>,
>> Terrified <crantz7z@windsurf.net> wrote:
>>> It was listed here many months ago I can't find it through the search
>>> engine. Thanks.
>>
>> The late Richard Pierce..
>
>I find no evidence that Richard Pierce has passed on. I know he was
>profoundly ill for a while, but I was under the impression that he had
>recovered. When did this happen?

MY mistake. Apologies to the group and to Dick if he's still kicking;
somehow I had gotten the impression that he passed on ... I must have
mis-remembered.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 1:11:32 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

The longest-running libel case in UK (McLibel) was quashed last week by a
European Appeal Court, and the defrendants got off and had all their legal
expenses paid as it was declared unethical and unjust for those individuals
being sued NOT to be supported throughout the battle with free, state-borne
legal aid (usually acquired by poor defendants but denied in UK Libel
actions).
This outcome will set up cats with much sharper claws among the legality
pigeons, as it was a historical David and Goliath face-off where it seems
the mega-rich conglomerate with a posse of intent lawyers finally got
"slain". But it still may carry on.....
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 6:39:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

retsuhcs@xinap.moc (Mike S.) writes:

> The late Richard Pierce ...

Has Dick passed away?
--
% Randy Yates % "Remember the good old 1980's, when
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % things were so uncomplicated?"
%%% 919-577-9882 % 'Ticket To The Moon'
%%%% <yates@ieee.org> % *Time*, Electric Light Orchestra
http://home.earthlink.net/~yatescr
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 10:42:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

In article <1108955632.927906.5630@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
ottguit@hotmail.com says...
>
> Terrified wrote:
> > It was listed here many months ago I can't find it through the search
>
> > engine. Thanks.
>
>
> Try This:
> <http://home.earthlink.net/~busenitz/bs.html&gt;
> Bg
>
>
Here is another one:

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html


--
I.Care
Address fake
until the SPAM goes away
!