G

Does windows Xp home edition have the dynamic disc option?

What are the benefits of this option ?

I have two hard drives WD 30 GB ATA100 ,Maxtor 40 GB ATA100

°Better late in this life than early in the nexT∙

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Yes it should, it'll be in disk management if you right click my computer and hit manage. As for the benefits, you can add media to your existing volume without having to reformat or anything. Stuff like that.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

G

Does converting the disk to Dynamic increase performance.

On pcmark (mad onion)

I get 842 for the hard drive,I'm not sure how bad this is.

I consider my hard drive as my weakest link and would appreciate if you could tell me what my easiest option would be to increase speed ,i.e scsi,raid or small fast firewire drive?

Cheers

°Better late in this life than early in the nexT∙

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Nope pretty sure it won't.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Not sure what the benefits of dynamic disk are, maybe for loosers who aren't able to get the disk setup correct 1st time.
I tried dynamic disk but didn't find it useful. I found problems with swapping drives between machines and when trying to access the drives from non-windows programs.

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Or maybe for losers who can't figure out how to use them =). BTW what's a looser?