Kilowatt

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

You bid first and you have nothing in suits and you have only the 10 of
spades.
Is this a nil hand?

J of spades?

--

Kilowatt@charter.net Add "private" to the subject line.

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

>You bid first and you have nothing in suits and you have only the 10 of
>spades.
>Is this a nil hand?
>
>J of spades?

It also depends on what else you have. If you have any aces kings or queens,
they can easily take a trick.

An A, K, or Q of spades is a guaranteed trick. J through 7 maybe; it depends on
what's lead in that trick.

Also, look at your voids. If you only have one or two cards and one or two
aces/kings in a different suit, you could dump those and go for nil.

It's really situational. Personally, I MEVER go for the double nil; too much
chance of having a high spade. And if you go for it and have the ace, you are
screwed.

Dave Marron
(Remove name of my favorite band to reply - check them out at
http://www.blackvinyl.com/3shoes.htm)

"If at first you don't succeed...you're about normal."
- Alfred E. Neuman