Windows 8 shows black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathreddy596

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
hi,

i installed windows 8 pro in my lenovo laptop 2 weeks back and i tried it for 2 weeks without activating it.
then i installed some software named windows 8 pro final activator and restarted the laptop which led me to a black screen with a cursor on it after signing in.
i tried using task manager for deactivating the installed key through command prompy using the commands like slmgr/ipk and upk bt neither of them helped me
can anyone fix me on the problem
my processor is amd and ati graphic card in it
thank you

I think Windows 8 pro final activator is pirate software to circumvent proper windows licenses. Pirate software can do anything to your machine and is not supported by tomshardware. I would wipe the drive and reinstall with a clean legal windows copy and get a valid key.

robertgm14

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

I am having this same exact problem with my windows 8 program. I downloaded an iso file from pirate bay and was able to install windows 8 without a product key. It said that windows was not activated on the computer info page but when I clicked on details it claimed that it was in fact activated and it gave me a product key by default. This was after I used a "windows 8 activator" and things were fine until I restored my computer and now windows is deactivated. Now whenever I try to use the same or any other activator I get the exact problem you've described. I haven't found any leads thus far but I'm still researching. I will post more if I find anything out. If you could do the same that would be much appreciated.

saffet

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
i had the same problem and this solved mine:
after i ran the activator i came to a black screen and the only thing i could do was moving my cursor. So i opened the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) and searched for "explorer.exe" and restarted it and it was solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.