t630 "voicemail icon" (?)

My friend has had an issue on his t630 where on the top of the screen an
icon has appeared and will not disapear!

he's had it there for well over a month now and it's got both of us stumped.

i have a t610, and have had no such image ever appear, and was wondering
whether any one else had seen this problem before.

the icon looks like a he's received a normal SMS, but with the voicemail
"tape-loop" image on the envelope ( like the one on the #1 key on the
keypad ).

we've tried checking his voice mail, and deleting old messages, changing his
notification method etc - but to no avail

can anyone be of assistance.

We're both in the UK and both on 02 ( could this be an 02 only thing? )

any help appreciated!

Andy
2 answers Last reply
More about t630 voicemail icon

    The problem is probably on the SIM. I've seen it before where the SIM card
    is put into any phone and the voicemal notification still stays on. How I
    finally fixed it is by putting it into a Siemens phone (I believe it was a
    C55) where I can manually reset the vm notification. Try putting the SIM
    into different phones, and different SIMs into your t630, see if the problem
    persists.

    Good luck!

    CU

    "Andy Copley" <uk_ripREMOVE@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > My friend has had an issue on his t630 where on the top of the screen an
    > icon has appeared and will not disapear!
    >
    > he's had it there for well over a month now and it's got both of us
    stumped.

    > i have a t610, and have had no such image ever appear, and was wondering
    > whether any one else had seen this problem before.
    >
    > the icon looks like a he's received a normal SMS, but with the voicemail
    > "tape-loop" image on the envelope ( like the one on the #1 key on the
    > keypad ).
    >
    > we've tried checking his voice mail, and deleting old messages, changing
    his
    > notification method etc - but to no avail
    >
    > can anyone be of assistance.
    >
    > We're both in the UK and both on 02 ( could this be an 02 only thing? )
    >
    > any help appreciated!
    >
    > Andy

    Put another sim card (like yours) in his phone. Turn the phone on, then off.
    If the icon is then still there, send me his number and I'll send an SMS to
    remove it.

    Rapidblue.

    "Andy Copley" <uk_ripREMOVE@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > My friend has had an issue on his t630 where on the top of the screen an
    > icon has appeared and will not disapear!
    >
    > he's had it there for well over a month now and it's got both of us
    stumped.

    > i have a t610, and have had no such image ever appear, and was wondering
    > whether any one else had seen this problem before.
    >
    > the icon looks like a he's received a normal SMS, but with the voicemail
    > "tape-loop" image on the envelope ( like the one on the #1 key on the
    > keypad ).
    >
    > we've tried checking his voice mail, and deleting old messages, changing
    his
    > notification method etc - but to no avail
    >
    > can anyone be of assistance.
    >
    > We're both in the UK and both on 02 ( could this be an 02 only thing? )
    >
    > any help appreciated!
    >
    > Andy

Ericsson