K700i & games

I'm the proud owner of a K700i since this weekend.
The only dissapointing thing was that there were no games
installed by default.
So I looked for some free java games for the K700i (*.jar files) and copied them via
BT to my new toy but I can't seem to start them I only can send them.
for a test I sended some of them to a T610 and they worked on the T610.
How can I execute the games on my K700?
5 answers Last reply
More about k700i games

    Dave wrote:
    > BT to my new toy but I can't seem to start them I only can send them.
    > for a test I sended some of them to a T610 and they worked on the T610.
    > How can I execute the games on my K700?

    When I send games that are .jar files to my phone using FMA (via BT),
    the phone automatically puts them in Games and they work. What software
    are you using?

    Phil

    On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:29:33 +1000, Phil Sweeney <phil@NOSPAM_whirlpool.net.au> wrote:

    >Dave wrote:
    >> BT to my new toy but I can't seem to start them I only can send them.
    >> for a test I sended some of them to a T610 and they worked on the T610.
    >> How can I execute the games on my K700?
    >
    >When I send games that are .jar files to my phone using FMA (via BT),
    >the phone automatically puts them in Games and they work. What software
    >are you using?
    >
    >Phil

    I uses the software delivered with my usb-BT device which actually browses on my mobile phone.
    I just dit a copy paste of the Jar file into the Others directory (I dont see a Games directory))

    Dave

    Dave wrote:

    > I uses the software delivered with my usb-BT device which actually browses on my mobile phone.
    > I just dit a copy paste of the Jar file into the Others directory (I dont see a Games directory))
    >
    > Dave
    You ought to try right-clicking the .jar file and choose "Send to".
    Select Bluetooth, and then your phone. This way the phone recognizes
    the file as a game, and puts it in the right folder.

    I just succeeded by sending it via iR. It seems that java games & apps must be sended and not just copied.

    Thx a lot for the support

    Dave wrote:
    > I uses the software delivered with my usb-BT device which actually browses on my mobile phone.
    > I just dit a copy paste of the Jar file into the Others directory (I dont see a Games directory))

    Can you use the file explorer on the phone to move it into the games folder?

    If not, download fma:

    http://fma.sourceforge.net/

    and try to use that to send the file.

    Phil