Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

K700i delete protected files

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 5:17:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Hey there,

two questions!

1.) Is there a possibility to unprotect files which are protected by the
provider?
so i don't lik ot have the startup-show.thm or the shutdown-show.thm, how can i
delete those files?
or some preconfigured Sounds i won't use.
I mean those Files only fill my dataspace!

2.) Where and how to find out what firmware i have got on the k700i,
and where do i find upgrades?

thnx for help,
also if you just send me urls with this topic...

Jan

More about : k700i delete protected files

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 1:48:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

> two questions!
>
> 1.) Is there a possibility to unprotect files which are protected by the
> provider?
> so i don't lik ot have the startup-show.thm or the shutdown-show.thm, how
can i
> delete those files?
> or some preconfigured Sounds i won't use.
> I mean those Files only fill my dataspace!
>

Sorry. Not possible. At least not without having those tools which SE
service points use.
This is a common issue since T68m. SE didn't hear us :-(

> 2.) Where and how to find out what firmware i have got on the k700i,
> and where do i find upgrades?

When you are in standby mode (go into some menu and afterwards pres no - so
you come back to the main screen) press
>*<<*<
this sequence will open the service menu.
Somewhere there you will find information about your Firmware (among other
things - but it is called 'Firmware' or something like that).

You won't be able to upgrade you Firmware yourself. At least not, if you are
not have 'those tools'. AFAIK you can only get the new Firmware online from
SE Server. There you will need sort of a passwort permission to get it...
Sorry to tell you...


cheers
Oliver
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 2:46:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Oliver Bobon" schrieb
> Sorry. Not possible. At least not without having those tools which SE
> service points use.
> This is a common issue since T68m. SE didn't hear us :-(

ok, thnx, that's really sad

> When you are in standby mode (go into some menu and afterwards pres no - so
> you come back to the main screen) press
> >*<<*<

how to type in > what does it mean?
* is ok, but > and < are those letters directions for the cursor? that
doesn't work


> this sequence will open the service menu.
[..]
> You won't be able to upgrade you Firmware yourself. At least not, if you are
> not have 'those tools'. AFAIK you can only get the new Firmware online from
> SE Server. There you will need sort of a passwort permission to get it...

so nobody gets a password permission for it?
but only service and support people?
or how to get those password?

chears

Jan
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 3:15:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

> > When you are in standby mode (go into some menu and afterwards pres no -
so
> > you come back to the main screen) press
> > >*<<*<
>
> how to type in > what does it mean?
> * is ok, but > and < are those letters directions for the cursor? that
> doesn't work
>

yes it is the cursor. sorry i've forgotten the last * so it is:
>*<<*<*


> so nobody gets a password permission for it?
> but only service and support people?
> or how to get those password?

Sorry. I think you will only get this permission if you are an autorised SE
service point.
Where are you from? Within the first year you can get a free Firmware
upgrade without giving reasons...
!