Linksys WAP11 and MN-700 Bridge?

Cody

Hi all, I am trying to create a bridge between my Linksys WAP11 ver. 2.2 and
the MN-700. I am having some trouble configuring both units to talk to
each other. The reason is that I want one side of my house to have internet
without running wire across the house and I already had the WAP11. I have
tried setting the WAP11 to be the bridge, and entered the MAC address of it
into the MN700, but it doesn't seem to be working...any ideas?

Thanks!
Cody

You won't be able to get that to work. The Linksys WAP11 2.2 will
bridge only with another WAP11 2.2 (or a DLink DWL-900AP running the
same version of the firmware and I think one SMC model). The Linksys
WAP11 2.2 won't even bridge with the Linksys G router or access point.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Cody

Is this possible?

Cody

There is nothing that will bridge wirelessly with the MN-700.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Not even another MN-700??

"Barb Bowman (MVP-Windows)" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
> There is nothing that will bridge wirelessly with the MN-700.
>
> cody wrote:
> > Is this possible?
> >
> > Cody

Wirelessly, no.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Bryant Fong" <bryant@hordes.com> wrote in message
> Not even another MN-700??
>
> "Barb Bowman (MVP-Windows)" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > There is nothing that will bridge wirelessly with the MN-700.
> >
> > cody wrote:
> > > Is this possible?
> > >
> > > Cody

not even another 700.