Digital tone controls

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
February 25, 2005 7:23:30 AM

I like tone controls. But most "good" preamps don't have them. I do
have an outboard DAC (Benchmark 1). Is there an all-digital
tone-control device (preferably a parametric eq) that will fit nicely
between my transport and my DAC?

More about : digital tone controls

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 11:27:17 AM

"dizzy" <dizzy@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> I like tone controls. But most "good" preamps don't have them. I do
> have an outboard DAC (Benchmark 1). Is there an all-digital
> tone-control device (preferably a parametric eq) that will fit nicely
> between my transport and my DAC?

How about this one?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/248-661m.pdf
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 3:10:21 PM

dizzy <dizzy@nospam.invalid> writes:

> I like tone controls. But most "good" preamps don't have them. I do
> have an outboard DAC (Benchmark 1). Is there an all-digital
> tone-control device (preferably a parametric eq) that will fit nicely
> between my transport and my DAC?

How about this:
ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496
http://www.behringer.com/DEQ2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG

"The ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496 is an ultra high-precision digital
24-bit/96 kHz EQ/RTA mastering processor. Its extremely high audio
performance makes it ideal for audiophile mastering and PA
purposes. There are 4 concurrently selectable EQ modules (31-band
graphic EQ, 10-band parametric EQ, Feedback Destroyer and three
dynamic EQs per channel)."

"The DEQ2496 also boasts balanced inputs and servo balanced outputs
with gold-plated XLR connectors, stereo aux output, AES/EBU and S/PDIF
inputs and outputs XLR and optical)."

I have used the older Behringer Ultracurve devices on PA systems
for doing equalization and sometimes delay.
I have not personally tried this new "PRO" version of the device.

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/

On 25 Feb 2005 12:10:21 +0200, Tomi Holger Engdahl
<then@solarflare.cs.hut.fi> wrote:

> dizzy <dizzy@nospam.invalid> writes:
>
> > I like tone controls. But most "good" preamps don't have them.
I do
> > have an outboard DAC (Benchmark 1). Is there an all-digital
> > tone-control device (preferably a parametric eq) that will fit
nicely
> > between my transport and my DAC?
>
> How about this:
> ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496
> http://www.behringer.com/DEQ2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG
>
> "The ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496 is an ultra high-precision digital
> 24-bit/96 kHz EQ/RTA mastering processor. Its extremely high audio
> performance makes it ideal for audiophile mastering and PA
> purposes. There are 4 concurrently selectable EQ modules (31-band
> graphic EQ, 10-band parametric EQ, Feedback Destroyer and three
> dynamic EQs per channel)."
>
> "The DEQ2496 also boasts balanced inputs and servo balanced outputs
> with gold-plated XLR connectors, stereo aux output, AES/EBU and
S/PDIF
> inputs and outputs XLR and optical)."
>
> I have used the older Behringer Ultracurve devices on PA systems
> for doing equalization and sometimes delay.
> I have not personally tried this new "PRO" version of the device.

This looks like a nice unit but they have left out the 75ohm coax
SPDIF. The DVD player I use for a transport doesn't have an optical
out. Too bad, the Behringer seems to be reasonably priced.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 6:24:59 PM

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 01:28:29 GMT, dizzy <dizzy@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>Looks a bit complex for home use...

It's quite easy to use the DEQ basic functions.
!