XP sound problem please help

JP_MIGRAINE

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
i just upgraded to winXP and now i have a problem with my sound blaster live 5.1 i cant hear the rear speakers on my sys now.i dl the xp drivers for the soundcard and still cant get the rear peakers to work.anyone have any idea how i can get this working again? thanks

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Try going to Sounds and Audio Devices in the Control Panel. Under the Volume tab, in the Speaker Settings section, click on Advanced. Change the speaker setup to your matching setup thru the drop box.

Also, if you have the speaker icon enabled in the system tray, see if your rear speakers volume is turned up. Double click the system tray speaker icon, click options > properties. Then, you'll have to find if you have the "Front/Rear Control", because I'm not sure if it's the same as mine. I have an Aureal Vortex 2, baby...

I hope this works out for ya. Good luck!
Bryan

<font color=red><A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com" target="_new">btvillarin.com</A> - My Windows XP-based Website</font color=red>

chanmy8

Distinguished
May 12, 2002
Hi,
I am facing the same problem .. which no sound from my speaker after I installed winxp. I check out the device manager, it shown that my sound card installed properly. I used to download the update driver (EXE) from sound blaster web site, however it return "Could not found any SB sound card on system"!". Then, i try to extract the update file to a folder, then update driver from this folder. It still not working. Do you have any ideas?

BTW, I am using SB Live! Value Sound card.

Thank you

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by chanmy8 on 05/14/02 09:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>