Closed

ebooks? text files?

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 13, 2004 4:13:52 AM

Howdy all, quick question - does any of the Ericssons have the ability to
display ebooks or text files? Or indeed are there ANY cellphones out there
that has this ability?

<=[BC]=>

More about : ebooks text files

Anonymous
August 13, 2004 4:13:53 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <cffmu6$iu7$1@lust.ihug.co.nz> on Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:13:52 +1200, "BC"
<animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:

>Howdy all, quick question - does any of the Ericssons have the ability to
>display ebooks or text files? ...

P900

August 13, 2004 9:40:38 PM

"BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Howdy all, quick question - does any of the Ericssons have the ability to
> display ebooks or text files? Or indeed are there ANY cellphones out
there
> that has this ability?
>
> <=[BC]=>

about a year ago, back when I still was a Nokia user, I downloaded some
e-books as Java Applications. I could upload the .jad and .jar files onto
the phone and then start it up to read the book.

Due to the tiny display size and even tinier text size, I gave up on these
things...
There is also a problem with memory size. The Nokia 64kb restriction in java
games has forced the programmers to split the books in several parts :-(

I am now reading my e-books on my Notebook.

HTH
Gottfried
August 14, 2004 9:30:39 AM

On many Phones this is working fine:

http://tequilacat.narod.ru/dev/br/index-en.html

"BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Howdy all, quick question - does any of the Ericssons have the ability to
> display ebooks or text files? Or indeed are there ANY cellphones out there
> that has this ability?
>
> <=[BC]=>

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 9:24:40 PM

"BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
> Howdy all, quick question - does any of the Ericssons have the ability to
> display ebooks or text files? Or indeed are there ANY cellphones out
there
> that has this ability?
>
> <=[BC]=>

Get a p800 / p900 and a copy of Mobipocket Reader from www.mobipocket.com or
off the Multimedia Cd that is included with the p800. It can handle .txt,
..html, and palm files, with bookmarking and it's FREE.
Hth,
Mike Dyer.
May 5, 2011 5:26:11 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish