Closed

ebooks? text files?

Howdy all, quick question - does any of the Ericssons have the ability to
display ebooks or text files? Or indeed are there ANY cellphones out there
that has this ability?

<=[BC]=>
5 answers Last reply
More about ebooks text files

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <cffmu6$iu7$1@lust.ihug.co.nz> on Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:13:52 +1200, "BC"
    <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:

    >Howdy all, quick question - does any of the Ericssons have the ability to
    >display ebooks or text files? ...

    P900

    "BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Howdy all, quick question - does any of the Ericssons have the ability to
    > display ebooks or text files? Or indeed are there ANY cellphones out
    there
    > that has this ability?
    >
    > <=[BC]=>

    about a year ago, back when I still was a Nokia user, I downloaded some
    e-books as Java Applications. I could upload the .jad and .jar files onto
    the phone and then start it up to read the book.

    Due to the tiny display size and even tinier text size, I gave up on these
    things...
    There is also a problem with memory size. The Nokia 64kb restriction in java
    games has forced the programmers to split the books in several parts :-(

    I am now reading my e-books on my Notebook.

    HTH
    Gottfried

    On many Phones this is working fine:

    http://tequilacat.narod.ru/dev/br/index-en.html

    "BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
    > Howdy all, quick question - does any of the Ericssons have the ability to
    > display ebooks or text files? Or indeed are there ANY cellphones out
    there
    > that has this ability?
    >
    > <=[BC]=>

    Get a p800 / p900 and a copy of Mobipocket Reader from www.mobipocket.com or
    off the Multimedia Cd that is included with the p800. It can handle .txt,
    ..html, and palm files, with bookmarking and it's FREE.
    Hth,
    Mike Dyer.
  5. This topic has been closed by Buwish

Ericsson Cell Phones Displays