Which speakers are the best for my Sound card?

JPWRana

Distinguished
May 2, 2002
I need help chosing the perfect speakers to accompany my Sound Blaster Platinum Audigy eX sound card. If it really matters, i have a 1.0GHz athlon overclocked to 1.2GHz on an Iwill motherboard. My budget is no more than $300 (including tax, shipping, etc.). What speakers will best work for my system? I enjoy playing games alot, and i hear music alot since i play the guitar by ear using my cheap $10 speakers right now.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
which leads to the conclusion for this post that the best speakers for you are the ones that sound best to <font color=red> you </font color=red> and are in your price range :smile:

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree the best way to choose a spearker system is actually listen to the speaker system but it is pretty hard to compare the speaker systems in a store. I did not know any store in my area carry both Promedia 4.1 and Z560 and allow you listen to them in the store.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
What do you do most and whats most important. Games or Music or Movies?

For Games, you'll be thrilled with the Z-560 and its pretty darn good for music too though it can be base heavy the audigy has good base controll so you can bring it down and tame it nicely. If you are mostly into music the Klipsh is a little better all around for that as it will produce a slightly finer and warmer sound. Unless your into rap...in which case forget all else and buy the Z-560 but then rap isnt music either... For Movies, you wouldnt be very happy with either cause their both 4.1 you really need a 5.1 for movies with the audigy card.

check out the reviews on <A HREF="http://www.3dsoundsurge.com" target="_new">http://www.3dsoundsurge.com</A>

edit: Klipsh does have a 5.1 but i think its above 300 dollars...
its worth it if you can afford it though. Personally, i love my 560's. I mostly use headphones though...

nVidiot: Message board Troll employed by nVidia to terrorize aTidiots.

TRENDING THREADS