darreng101

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Hi,
I'm about to travel for a couple of months staying at backpackers/ hostels etc, many of which offer free WiFi.

I'll be taking an iPad 3 for basic web activities and entertainment, online banking etc

How do I set up a VPN and will it keep my banking details, logins and passwords etc safe.

I've read a few guides but don't really understand them.

Do I need to 'buy' a VPN? Who provides them or do I host myself.

Obviously everywhere I go will be a different ISP so I don't really want to set up a new one each location, but I guess I could if that's the easiest way.

Thanks

Solution
Hello Darren. I had the same problem six months back. Let me clearly explain it to you. I am also using a VPN services to enjoy my free Wi-Fi connection for web activities, entertainment and online banking. What it requires. It just requires a one time setup and if you enable the remember me option then on next time you just need to click on connect button in order to connect your VPN. I think this is quite easy to click just on Connect button rather to configure it manually again and again. I am using the vpn services of PureVPN, they offer quality tutorials of OS and Devices to configure it manually once then you are off set go.

simonwhite

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hello Darren. I had the same problem six months back. Let me clearly explain it to you. I am also using a VPN services to enjoy my free Wi-Fi connection for web activities, entertainment and online banking. What it requires. It just requires a one time setup and if you enable the remember me option then on next time you just need to click on connect button in order to connect your VPN. I think this is quite easy to click just on Connect button rather to configure it manually again and again. I am using the vpn services of PureVPN, they offer quality tutorials of OS and Devices to configure it manually once then you are off set go.

Solution

darreng101

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

Thanks Simon, will look into PureVPN.