recommendation for digital voice recorder for interviews?

Hello. I was wondering if anyone in the group could offer a
suggestion for a digital voice recorder that would be suitable for
recording spoken interviews. I currently have an old Olympus DS-150
and would like to get some more modern equipment for myself and my
team members. Looking around online there are now so many hybridized
recorders/multimedia players that it is difficult to discern where to
start, so I thought I would ask USENET.

1. We are looking to record a few hours of voice, typically two
people sitting across from one another or a group of people gathered
around a table. My guess is that the standard mic should be
sufficient for this. I am not sure what memory is like these days,
but my guess is that recording times are longer than my DS150.

2. We would like to be able to USB it into a Windows PC and convert
the recording to WAV format (for use in dictation software).

3. Apart from that, a sub $100 price point would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I appreciate your help.

--chris

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
Christopher G. Kolar
Coordinator of Research and Evaluation
Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy
ckolarNO@SPAMimsa.edu -- staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar -- PGP Public Key ID: 0x43879C9B
4 answers Last reply
More about recommendation digital voice recorder interviews

    C G Kolar <ckolar+nntp@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Hello. I was wondering if anyone in the group could offer a
    >suggestion for a digital voice recorder that would be suitable for
    >recording spoken interviews. I currently have an old Olympus DS-150
    >and would like to get some more modern equipment for myself and my
    >team members. Looking around online there are now so many hybridized
    >recorders/multimedia players that it is difficult to discern where to
    >start, so I thought I would ask USENET.
    >
    >1. We are looking to record a few hours of voice, typically two
    >people sitting across from one another or a group of people gathered
    >around a table. My guess is that the standard mic should be
    >sufficient for this. I am not sure what memory is like these days,
    >but my guess is that recording times are longer than my DS150.
    >
    >2. We would like to be able to USB it into a Windows PC and convert
    >the recording to WAV format (for use in dictation software).
    >
    >3. Apart from that, a sub $100 price point would be ideal.
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I appreciate your help.
    >
    >--chris

    got a Olympus VN-240PC
    think controls & features are better than hybrid may offer
    produces wav files & has USB link
    std mike works just fine
    just wish i could import the wav's into word, as text
    good luck
  2. These recorders have confusing menus. This recorder has your choice of mp3 or high quality wav plus it has a special microphone for interviews.
  3. Hi Guys

    Just wondering which Digital Voice Recorder to buy from the (Roland Edirol R-09HR) and the (Zoom H4n Handy Recorder). Does the (Zoom H4n Handy Recorder) have a powerful Mic Input as good as the (Roland Edirol R-09HR)?

    Kind Regards

    Taga

Audio Product