Problem with new SE K700i

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

Hello,

I thought I would describe my problem with my wife's brand NEW SE K700i.

We received her new phone today and it was charged until it told me all was
good.

I turned on and the new phone setup wizard started and while reading what
to do the phone rebooted, and then proceeded to reboot approx every 30-45
seconds. I was not able to turn this off and I could proceed through some
of the wizard but reboot resets everything.

Has anyone experienced this problem with a new SE phone?

The company I purchased from are sending me a replacement so I am not
concerned re: warranties or anything. I am just interested in similar
experiences and also possible fault identifiers.

Thankyou

A:)
17 answers Last reply
More about problem k700i
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    "BullFrog" <bullfrog@no.way> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I thought I would describe my problem with my wife's brand NEW SE K700i.
    >
    > We received her new phone today and it was charged until it told me all
    was
    > good.
    >
    > I turned on and the new phone setup wizard started and while reading what
    > to do the phone rebooted, and then proceeded to reboot approx every 30-45
    > seconds. I was not able to turn this off and I could proceed through some
    > of the wizard but reboot resets everything.
    >
    > Has anyone experienced this problem with a new SE phone?
    >
    > The company I purchased from are sending me a replacement so I am not
    > concerned re: warranties or anything. I am just interested in similar
    > experiences and also possible fault identifiers.
    >
    > Thankyou
    >
    > A:)

    i had the same problem with my k700 i sent it back and the replacement one
    did the same. I sent that back and the bluetooth didn't work, i now have a
    nokia 6230, it works, i'm happy...seems nokia test their stuff before
    selling it :)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:28:07 +0100, "Darren Rickerby"
    <darren.rickerby@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

    >"BullFrog" <bullfrog@no.way> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I thought I would describe my problem with my wife's brand NEW SE K700i.
    >>
    >> We received her new phone today and it was charged until it told me all
    >was
    >> good.
    >>
    >> I turned on and the new phone setup wizard started and while reading what
    >> to do the phone rebooted, and then proceeded to reboot approx every 30-45
    >> seconds. I was not able to turn this off and I could proceed through some
    >> of the wizard but reboot resets everything.
    >>
    >> Has anyone experienced this problem with a new SE phone?
    >>
    >> The company I purchased from are sending me a replacement so I am not
    >> concerned re: warranties or anything. I am just interested in similar
    >> experiences and also possible fault identifiers.
    >>
    >> Thankyou
    >>
    >> A:)
    >

    >i had the same problem with my k700 i sent it back and the replacement one
    >did the same. I sent that back and the bluetooth didn't work, i now have a
    >nokia 6230, it works, i'm happy...seems nokia test their stuff before
    >selling it :)

    Fair enough everyone slagging down companies for bad service, but I
    will defend SE here as ive had a t610, t630 and a k700i so far this
    year from them and have had no problems, maybe you both were unlucky
    and had a faulty batch.

    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    "Darren Rickerby" <darren.rickerby@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "BullFrog" <bullfrog@no.way> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I thought I would describe my problem with my wife's brand NEW SE K700i.
    > >
    > > We received her new phone today and it was charged until it told me all
    > was
    > > good.
    > >
    > > I turned on and the new phone setup wizard started and while reading
    what
    > > to do the phone rebooted, and then proceeded to reboot approx every
    30-45
    > > seconds. I was not able to turn this off and I could proceed through
    some
    > > of the wizard but reboot resets everything.
    > >
    > > Has anyone experienced this problem with a new SE phone?
    > >
    > > The company I purchased from are sending me a replacement so I am not
    > > concerned re: warranties or anything. I am just interested in similar
    > > experiences and also possible fault identifiers.
    > >
    > > Thankyou
    > >
    > > A:)
    >

    > i had the same problem with my k700 i sent it back and the replacement one
    > did the same. I sent that back and the bluetooth didn't work, i now have a
    > nokia 6230, it works, i'm happy...seems nokia test their stuff before
    > selling it :)

    Just got rid of a N6600 because I had 6 replacements in two months with 2
    versions of software, so Nokias don't test there software either.

    DaveT
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    What ????
    Phones have setup wizards now???
    <shudder>

    "BullFrog" <bullfrog@no.way> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I thought I would describe my problem with my wife's brand NEW SE K700i.
    >
    > We received her new phone today and it was charged until it told me all
    was
    > good.
    >
    > I turned on and the new phone setup wizard started and while reading what
    > to do the phone rebooted, and then proceeded to reboot approx every 30-45
    > seconds. I was not able to turn this off and I could proceed through some
    > of the wizard but reboot resets everything.
    >
    > Has anyone experienced this problem with a new SE phone?
    >
    > The company I purchased from are sending me a replacement so I am not
    > concerned re: warranties or anything. I am just interested in similar
    > experiences and also possible fault identifiers.
    >
    > Thankyou
    >
    > A:)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    "Michael" <michael@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > What ????
    > Phones have setup wizards now???
    > <shudder>

    Yup, thats the first thing you see when starting up a new K700. Its only a
    matter of time before you get "Control", "Alt" and "Delete" keys included on
    the keypad ;)

    Niall
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    BullFrog <bullfrog@no.way> wrote in

    > Hello,
    >
    > I thought I would describe my problem with my wife's brand NEW SE
    > K700i.
    >
    > We received her new phone today and it was charged until it told me
    > all was good.
    >
    > I turned on and the new phone setup wizard started and while reading
    > what to do the phone rebooted, and then proceeded to reboot approx
    > every 30-45 seconds. I was not able to turn this off and I could
    > proceed through some of the wizard but reboot resets everything.
    >
    > Has anyone experienced this problem with a new SE phone?
    >
    > Thankyou
    >
    > A:)

    Some great news.

    This problem is a known problem with OLDER SIMS being used in newer
    phones.

    I had the SIM replaced and the phone works exactly as it should.

    Whooohoooo.

    A:)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    BullFrog <bullfrog@no.way> wrote in

    > Hello,
    >
    > I thought I would describe my problem with my wife's brand NEW SE
    > K700i.
    >
    > We received her new phone today and it was charged until it told me
    > all was good.
    >
    > I turned on and the new phone setup wizard started and while reading
    > what to do the phone rebooted, and then proceeded to reboot approx
    > every 30-45 seconds. I was not able to turn this off and I could
    > proceed through some of the wizard but reboot resets everything.
    >
    > Has anyone experienced this problem with a new SE phone?
    >
    > The company I purchased from are sending me a replacement so I am not
    > concerned re: warranties or anything. I am just interested in similar
    > experiences and also possible fault identifiers.
    >
    > Thankyou
    >
    > A:)

    The only issue we are having now is the length of battery charge.

    Do the new batteries have a "memory"?

    --
    When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles
    per year!?!

    "MobileFrog" <yeah@right.com> wrote in message
    > BullFrog <bullfrog@no.way> wrote in
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I thought I would describe my problem with my wife's brand NEW SE
    > > K700i.
    > >
    > > We received her new phone today and it was charged until it told me
    > > all was good.
    > >
    > > I turned on and the new phone setup wizard started and while reading
    > > what to do the phone rebooted, and then proceeded to reboot approx
    > > every 30-45 seconds. I was not able to turn this off and I could
    > > proceed through some of the wizard but reboot resets everything.
    > >
    > > Has anyone experienced this problem with a new SE phone?
    > >
    > > The company I purchased from are sending me a replacement so I am not
    > > concerned re: warranties or anything. I am just interested in similar
    > > experiences and also possible fault identifiers.
    > >
    > > Thankyou
    > >
    > > A:)
    > >

    > The only issue we are having now is the length of battery charge.
    >
    > Do the new batteries have a "memory"?

    They will certainly need a few charge / discharge cycles before reaching
    their full capacity, though other factors like leaving bluetooth on (if
    availiable) and the backlight duration will affect life also.
    Regards,
    Mike Dyer.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    i cant remember!

    MobileFrog wrote:
    > BullFrog <bullfrog@no.way> wrote in
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I thought I would describe my problem with my wife's brand NEW SE
    >>K700i.
    >>
    >>We received her new phone today and it was charged until it told me
    >>all was good.
    >>
    >>I turned on and the new phone setup wizard started and while reading
    >>what to do the phone rebooted, and then proceeded to reboot approx
    >>every 30-45 seconds. I was not able to turn this off and I could
    >>proceed through some of the wizard but reboot resets everything.
    >>
    >>Has anyone experienced this problem with a new SE phone?
    >>
    >>The company I purchased from are sending me a replacement so I am not
    >>concerned re: warranties or anything. I am just interested in similar
    >>experiences and also possible fault identifiers.
    >>
    >>Thankyou
    >>
    >>A:)
    >>

    > The only issue we are having now is the length of battery charge.
    >
    > Do the new batteries have a "memory"?

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    "MobileFrog" <yeah@right.com> wrote in message
    > BullFrog <bullfrog@no.way> wrote in
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I thought I would describe my problem with my wife's brand NEW SE
    > > K700i.
    > >
    > > We received her new phone today and it was charged until it told me
    > > all was good.
    > >
    > > I turned on and the new phone setup wizard started and while reading
    > > what to do the phone rebooted, and then proceeded to reboot approx
    > > every 30-45 seconds. I was not able to turn this off and I could
    > > proceed through some of the wizard but reboot resets everything.
    > >
    > > Has anyone experienced this problem with a new SE phone?
    > >
    > > The company I purchased from are sending me a replacement so I am not
    > > concerned re: warranties or anything. I am just interested in similar
    > > experiences and also possible fault identifiers.
    > >
    > > Thankyou
    > >
    > > A:)
    > >

    > The only issue we are having now is the length of battery charge.
    >
    > Do the new batteries have a "memory"?

    No not Lithium ion ones
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    kcoj <pogue_mahone@shithappens.com> wrote in

    > i cant remember!

    LOL - no really ROFL

    Thx
    A:)

    --
    When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles per
    year!?!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    "Michael" <michael@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > They do a lot less testing than they used to

    Handsets costs, on average, are also much less than they used to be.
    Tradeoff perhaps?

    Albinus.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    "Albinus" <albinus@spam-this.com> wrote in message
    > "Michael" <michael@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > They do a lot less testing than they used to
    >

    > Handsets costs, on average, are also much less than they used to be.
    > Tradeoff perhaps?

    Yes, but is it acceptable?
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <9TjWc.4010$D7.877@news-server.bigpond.net.au> on Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:43:17
    GMT, "Michael" <michael@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >They do a lot less testing than they used to

    Not true.

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    "Michael" <michael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:PstWc.4420$D7.716@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

    > "Albinus" <albinus@spam-this.com> wrote in message
    >> "Michael" <michael@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > They do a lot less testing than they used to
    >>

    >> Handsets costs, on average, are also much less than they used to be.
    >> Tradeoff perhaps?
    >
    > Yes, but is it acceptable?

    Yep, I'd rather have cheap handsets thanks.

    Corse the approach some have of being able to upgrade the code
    in the handset yourself leaves the nokia approach for dead, too.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <9TjWc.4010$D7.877@news-server.bigpond.net.au> on Mon, 23 Aug 2004
    10:43:17
    > GMT, "Michael" <michael@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >They do a lot less testing than they used to
    >
    > Not true.

    Perhaps... But phones are more complex nowadays - so a higher level of
    testing is probably needed nowadays...

    <=[BC]=>
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,aus.comms.mobile (More info?)

    The K7000 is overly pessimestic when it comes to battery life and will
    report only one bar left when there is still around 40% of the battery
    remaining. Try to discgarge the phone completely the first few times and you
    should be able to maximise battery life. The battery bar issue will be fixed
    in a firmware update.

    > kcoj <pogue_mahone@shithappens.com> wrote in
    >
    > > i cant remember!
    >
    > LOL - no really ROFL
    >
    > Thx
    > A:)
    >

    > --
    > When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles per
    > year!?!

Ericsson Mobile Phones