ROADRUNNER ISP- CAN YOU GET IT OVER REG PHONE LINES??

jaqpc1

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
CAN YOU GET ROAD RUNNER OVER REG PHONE LINES??? I AM IN ZIP 18845 AND AT A DISMAL 130Ms FROM frontier DSL... ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !!! I'M A HOME BOUND VET.

first of all... typing in all caps is considered yelling. as i vet one would think you would have the respect to not do that.

DSL will run over normal phone lines but speed may vary due to proximity to dsl station, phone line condition and how many users are online.

130ms ? i suppose you are refering to ping? while not good for high speed it certainly isnt as bad as it could be.

all you can do is call them up and talk to them. perhaps it is a phone line problem or perhaps there is something else we are missing. just remember to be civil. if you start yelling at them you arent going to get anywhere.

PAM HOLDER

Honorable
May 14, 2012
i DON'T KNOW ABOUT WHY AIGPC1 'S MESSAGE WAS IN ALL CAPS, BUT MINE IS BECAUSE I HAVE A VISION DISABILITY REQUIRES ME MESSAGE IN CAPS SO I CAN SEE IT BETTER. I HAVE TO COPY AND PASTE ALL LOWER CASE MESSAGES TO WORDPAD AND THEN CHANGE TO LARGE CASE SO I CAN SEE IT BETTER. SHAME ON YOU FOR THINKING I MIGHT BE YELLING---A HOLE....

Hello PAM HOLDER and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

I know you have a point to make but unfortunately, you've opened up an old post which has the poster's e-mail address and his postal code showing so it would have been better to let it lie.

jaqpc1 - if you're back here, I suggest you edit your post and thread title before you get a lot of Spam or worse still, have your address used to send Spam to other people.

PAM HOLDER, I hope you can read this - I use a large blue font so I can see my typo errors and correct them before I post. You may find doing that makes it easier for you.