Solved

Sata driver problem

this is the problem: trying to install w7. using a sata dvd drive, i get to the install now button, click it , and it says i need cd drivers. i provide a path to the drivers, it finds the file and starts to install. i get the green bar going across about 3 times and then it just locks up and stays like that until reset. if i use my IDE cd it goes further and finds my ide hd. i bought a new wd320gb sata for this installation and that is not found. i try to install sata driver again and the same thing happens. so i could install to ide but not to sata.
abit nfs-sv2
1g ram
amd 2500+
could the problem be with the fact that the sata controller is sata 1?
any ideas anyone?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sata driver problem
  1. Strange in regard to the WD320 not being found. I have 3x WD320 on a RAID stripe and I have no problems installing Win7.
  2. it isn't found because w7 won't let the sata driver install. not the latest, not he original that came with the mb
  3. Best answer
    Check the BIOS to see how the drives are configured - ie. AHCI, RAID, or IDE. That might be the problem. They need to be set to AHCI or RAID before doing the install. You can't change this after the OS install very easily without issues. I have a Velociraptor 150, Seagate 750, Seagate 320 and a WD 640 (all SATA 3.0) that all show up fine. I have the BIOS set to RAID but am not currently running anything in RAID yet.
Ask a new question

Read More

SATA CD-Rom Windows 7