Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

How to keep windows 8 registry error free?

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
April 8, 2012 12:22:10 PM

Hi friends,
I have windows 8 CP as my OS.But I have many registry errors(checked it with REG CLEAN.)It is slowing down my PC enormously and crashing many programs.Is there any free registry cleaner software or is there any other manual way to keep my machine registry error free?
Advance thanks for any suggestions.
April 8, 2012 12:33:23 PM

try tuneup utilities free trial
Score
0
a b * Windows 8
April 8, 2012 1:24:47 PM

Hello Aneek;

Is RegClean a Win8 program?
If not, it's no wonder it reported many errors.
Score
0
Related resources
April 8, 2012 2:25:41 PM

Thanks lookerup for your suggestion.i will try that.
Score
0
April 8, 2012 2:35:18 PM

Hi WR2,
I think RegClean is windows 8 compatible as it has installed without any problems.
ONE REQUEST-Can you please answer my thread ---- "Network apps stop working after installing AVAST in windows 8" that I have posted in windows 8 forum.Thanks in advance!!!
Score
0
a b * Windows 8
April 10, 2012 1:53:47 AM

If the registry is that messed up already and you're having problems, just wipe out and reinstall Windows 8. You shouldn't need a registry cleaner app (i'm going to ignore for now, the fact that every single registry cleaning program is a complete load of crap that does absolutely nothing). The CP build has only been out for just over 5 weeks now, so wiping it out and reinstalling shouldn't be very painful.
Score
0
April 10, 2012 2:35:32 AM

Registry cleaners are complete bunk. Sure maybe you've got some entries that point to a path that doesn't currently exist (think: removable media or a removed program), but there's no need to send a hacksaw into the registry to carve out the few entries. Some might point to a game exe that doesn't exist because the disk isn't present, then you blow that away and it doesn't know where the exe is when you've got the disk in. Microsoft's developers aren't stupid. They designed the registry to be fast. The tree-based design, provides for a fast searching time for any entry. They knew that programs would leave remnants behind. That crap the developers sell you about BSODs and data loss caused by registry entries is complete bull, especially since most registry cleaners don't even fix anything, they just delete the entry that they think looks bad. Don't even get me started on RAM cleaners...
Score
0
a b * Windows 8
April 10, 2012 2:54:18 AM

As said registry cleaners are crap. just because it installs doesn't mean.it knows Jack $4!% about the registry of a beta OS and since they are junk programs theres no rush to update. you probably caused the problems by using one. how much.could you be installing/uninstalling....


Anyway... its a BETA OS. you should expect problems and not use.it as a primary OS. The best way to prevent problems in windows 8 is to install it, spend an hour realizing metro is unusable, and promptly delete it and use windows 7 which WORKS.
Score
0
a b * Windows 8
April 10, 2012 2:58:17 AM

Aneek said:

ONE REQUEST-Can you please answer my thread ---- "Network apps stop working after installing AVAST in windows 8" that I have posted in windows 8 forum.Thanks in advance!!!


That thread was answered? really... windows 8 doesn't seem to work for you. you're just mucking about. and that's fine. learning is good. but use it for mucking about not as your real OS.
Score
0
April 10, 2012 3:18:57 PM

The_Prophecy said:
If the registry is that messed up already and you're having problems, just wipe out and reinstall Windows 8. You shouldn't need a registry cleaner app (i'm going to ignore for now, the fact that every single registry cleaning program is a complete load of crap that does absolutely nothing). The CP build has only been out for just over 5 weeks now, so wiping it out and reinstalling shouldn't be very painful.

OK,I get your point.
Thanks for posting.
Score
0
April 10, 2012 3:22:16 PM

aicom said:
Registry cleaners are complete bunk. Sure maybe you've got some entries that point to a path that doesn't currently exist (think: removable media or a removed program), but there's no need to send a hacksaw into the registry to carve out the few entries. Some might point to a game exe that doesn't exist because the disk isn't present, then you blow that away and it doesn't know where the exe is when you've got the disk in. Microsoft's developers aren't stupid. They designed the registry to be fast. The tree-based design, provides for a fast searching time for any entry. They knew that programs would leave remnants behind. That crap the developers sell you about BSODs and data loss caused by registry entries is complete bull, especially since most registry cleaners don't even fix anything, they just delete the entry that they think looks bad. Don't even get me started on RAM cleaners...

I did not know about this fact that the registry cleaners are totally craps.
Score
0
April 10, 2012 3:23:55 PM

unksol said:
That thread was answered? really... windows 8 doesn't seem to work for you. you're just mucking about. and that's fine. learning is good. but use it for mucking about not as your real OS.

Thanks for the advice.
Yeah,its the BETA version and is quite unstable.
Score
0
a b * Windows 8
April 10, 2012 6:37:19 PM

Hi :) 

How to keep windows 8 registy error free....LEAVE IT ALONE ...lol

All the best Brett :) 
Score
0
April 10, 2012 7:43:51 PM

May I add my voice to say don't use reg cleaners on your computer they cause more problems than they solve and give no tangible benefit.
Score
0
April 11, 2012 12:19:28 AM

pjmelect said:
May I add my voice to say don't use reg cleaners on your computer they cause more problems than they solve and give no tangible benefit.

Thanks for posting.
I get your point.All of the members have said the same thing that reg cleaners are total craps.
Thanks for making me aware of the fact.
Score
0
April 11, 2012 12:21:52 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

How to keep windows 8 registy error free....LEAVE IT ALONE ...lol

All the best Brett :) 

I will leave it alone from now on.
Score
0
April 11, 2012 4:39:03 AM

Aneek said:
Hi friends,
I have windows 8 CP as my OS.But I have many registry errors(checked it with REG CLEAN.)It is slowing down my PC enormously and crashing many programs.Is there any free registry cleaner software or is there any other manual way to keep my machine registry error free?
Advance thanks for any suggestions.

What ever u do, back up the reg first.

And if anything happens, u are covered.
Score
0
April 11, 2012 11:37:51 AM

nikorr said:
What ever u do, back up the reg first.

And if anything happens, u are covered.

Yeah,I always do it.
Score
0
April 11, 2012 8:52:35 PM

Win8 CP is still BETA but should be stable. You should not get crashes unless you are slinging around old hardware or a outdated laptop. Drivers for Win8 are really lacking for many, many things. Don't think registry, think drivers.
Score
0
April 12, 2012 10:39:44 AM

Johnpombrio said:
Win8 CP is still BETA but should be stable. You should not get crashes unless you are slinging around old hardware or a outdated laptop. Drivers for Win8 are really lacking for many, many things. Don't think registry, think drivers.


Yeah,my hardwares are a bit old (almost 4 years).
Score
0
April 13, 2012 11:36:56 PM

Quote:
Hello friends,

A single bad software can pretty much mess up the registry settings. Windows Registry acts as a central database for all systems and user applications that require interacting with other core system components and utilities while performing the tasks. Although Windows has the ability to fix Windows Registry, it often fails to restore the old registry keys, making it difficult for users to manually find and resolve the issues. For this reason, it's advisable to create a complete backup of Windows Registry, so that you can replace the new registry keys with old ones.

Best regards
Vicky Milza

Thanks VickyMilza for posting.
Score
0
April 17, 2012 11:26:30 AM

Ah, registry cleaners. Back in 01/02 running Windows ME I ran one of these and it obliterated the File menu in Windows Explorer. It was completely gone. Fortunately they aren't quite as destructive these days, but as stated above, that's because they don't really do much other than delete entries that seem to point to nothing.

The only time you'll usually get Registry problems that are fatal (eg. BSOD-causing ones) is if you caused them yourself, or you get HDD corruption that happens to hit the Registry. No cleaner will be able to resolve either situation, since they don't actually know what the correct state of the Registry is meant to be.
Score
0
April 17, 2012 2:32:59 PM

best way to keep Win 8 trouble free?

don't install it.

jk
Score
0
April 17, 2012 6:33:18 PM

rollback into window 7. there problem solved
Score
0
March 5, 2013 4:18:34 AM

I have tried a few registry cleaners for Windows 8 to keep its registry errors free. Here is what i recommend you to download to find and fix windows 8 registry errors.
Its perfectly compatible with Windows 8:

http://www.registryrecycler.com/download.html
Score
0
March 21, 2013 5:30:21 PM

aicom said:
Registry cleaners are complete bunk. Sure maybe you've got some entries that point to a path that doesn't currently exist (think: removable media or a removed program), but there's no need to send a hacksaw into the registry to carve out the few entries. Some might point to a game exe that doesn't exist because the disk isn't present, then you blow that away and it doesn't know where the exe is when you've got the disk in. Microsoft's developers aren't stupid. They designed the registry to be fast. The tree-based design, provides for a fast searching time for any entry. They knew that programs would leave remnants behind. That crap the developers sell you about BSODs and data loss caused by registry entries is complete bull, especially since most registry cleaners don't even fix anything, they just delete the entry that they think looks bad. Don't even get me started on RAM cleaners...


I just knew this. Thank you for the info. Indeed there are so many things that seller's do not tell to customers. I'm enlightened!
Score
0
!