How to keep windows 8 registry error free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Hi friends,
I have windows 8 CP as my OS.But I have many registry errors(checked it with REG CLEAN.)It is slowing down my PC enormously and crashing many programs.Is there any free registry cleaner software or is there any other manual way to keep my machine registry error free?
Advance thanks for any suggestions.

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Hi WR2,
I think RegClean is windows 8 compatible as it has installed without any problems.
ONE REQUEST-Can you please answer my thread ---- "Network apps stop working after installing AVAST in windows 8" that I have posted in windows 8 forum.Thanks in advance!!!

If the registry is that messed up already and you're having problems, just wipe out and reinstall Windows 8. You shouldn't need a registry cleaner app (i'm going to ignore for now, the fact that every single registry cleaning program is a complete load of crap that does absolutely nothing). The CP build has only been out for just over 5 weeks now, so wiping it out and reinstalling shouldn't be very painful.

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Registry cleaners are complete bunk. Sure maybe you've got some entries that point to a path that doesn't currently exist (think: removable media or a removed program), but there's no need to send a hacksaw into the registry to carve out the few entries. Some might point to a game exe that doesn't exist because the disk isn't present, then you blow that away and it doesn't know where the exe is when you've got the disk in. Microsoft's developers aren't stupid. They designed the registry to be fast. The tree-based design, provides for a fast searching time for any entry. They knew that programs would leave remnants behind. That crap the developers sell you about BSODs and data loss caused by registry entries is complete bull, especially since most registry cleaners don't even fix anything, they just delete the entry that they think looks bad. Don't even get me started on RAM cleaners...

As said registry cleaners are crap. just because it installs doesn't mean.it knows Jack $4!% about the registry of a beta OS and since they are junk programs theres no rush to update. you probably caused the problems by using one. how much.could you be installing/uninstalling....

Anyway... its a BETA OS. you should expect problems and not use.it as a primary OS. The best way to prevent problems in windows 8 is to install it, spend an hour realizing metro is unusable, and promptly delete it and use windows 7 which WORKS.

That thread was answered? really... windows 8 doesn't seem to work for you. you're just mucking about. and that's fine. learning is good. but use it for mucking about not as your real OS.

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

OK,I get your point.
Thanks for posting.

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

I did not know about this fact that the registry cleaners are totally craps.

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Thanks for the advice.
Yeah,its the BETA version and is quite unstable.

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Thanks for posting.
I get your point.All of the members have said the same thing that reg cleaners are total craps.
Thanks for making me aware of the fact.

What ever u do, back up the reg first.

And if anything happens, u are covered.

Johnpombrio

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
Win8 CP is still BETA but should be stable. You should not get crashes unless you are slinging around old hardware or a outdated laptop. Drivers for Win8 are really lacking for many, many things. Don't think registry, think drivers.

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Yeah,my hardwares are a bit old (almost 4 years).

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Hello friends,

A single bad software can pretty much mess up the registry settings. Windows Registry acts as a central database for all systems and user applications that require interacting with other core system components and utilities while performing the tasks. Although Windows has the ability to fix Windows Registry, it often fails to restore the old registry keys, making it difficult for users to manually find and resolve the issues. For this reason, it's advisable to create a complete backup of Windows Registry, so that you can replace the new registry keys with old ones.

Best regards
Vicky Milza
Thanks VickyMilza for posting.

randomizer

Champion
Ah, registry cleaners. Back in 01/02 running Windows ME I ran one of these and it obliterated the File menu in Windows Explorer. It was completely gone. Fortunately they aren't quite as destructive these days, but as stated above, that's because they don't really do much other than delete entries that seem to point to nothing.

The only time you'll usually get Registry problems that are fatal (eg. BSOD-causing ones) is if you caused them yourself, or you get HDD corruption that happens to hit the Registry. No cleaner will be able to resolve either situation, since they don't actually know what the correct state of the Registry is meant to be.

JustinCox22

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

I just knew this. Thank you for the info. Indeed there are so many things that seller's do not tell to customers. I'm enlightened!

Status
Not open for further replies.