Z500a release ?

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 19, 2004 4:47:26 PM

I am very interested in the new Z500a to take the place of my ATT t68i.
Anyone know when it will be released? Anyone know if there will be a tri
band version that includes the 850 band?

More about : z500a release

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 11:51:28 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <10i9ptf5gsnhv78@corp.supernews.com> on Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:47:26 -0500,
"arm" <allenr@airmail.net> wrote:

>I am very interested in the new Z500a to take the place of my ATT t68i.

I was initially pretty excited by the announcement of the new EDGE-enabled
Z500a ... until I noted that for some inexplicable reason, Bluetooth was left
out! Likewise IR (unlike the K500), so only cable connection is possible.
Whatever were they thinking?!

August 20, 2004 12:13:10 AM

"arm" <allenr@airmail.net> skrev i meddelandet
> I am very interested in the new Z500a to take the place of my ATT t68i.
> Anyone know when it will be released? Anyone know if there will be a tri
> band version that includes the 850 band?

Check out the SE website, link below. The Z500a is 850/1800/1900 and there
will also be a Z500i which supports 900/1800/1900 frequencies.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver...

Niall
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 2:03:28 AM

> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <10i9ptf5gsnhv78@corp.supernews.com> on Thu, 19 Aug 2004
> 12:47:26 -0500,
> "arm" <allenr@airmail.net> wrote:
>
>>I am very interested in the new Z500a to take the place of my ATT t68i.
>
> I was initially pretty excited by the announcement of the new EDGE-enabled
> Z500a ... until I noted that for some inexplicable reason, Bluetooth was
> left
> out! Likewise IR (unlike the K500), so only cable connection is possible.
> Whatever were they thinking?!

It does seem strange that the Z500a doesn't have IR but the Z500i does, and
God only knows what they were thinking by leaving BT off the phone.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 5:03:53 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <Qs9Vc.3329$qE.39916778@news-text.cableinet.net> on Thu, 19 Aug 2004
22:03:28 GMT, "Richard Colton" <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:

>> I was initially pretty excited by the announcement of the new EDGE-enabled
>> Z500a ... until I noted that for some inexplicable reason, Bluetooth was
>> left
>> out! Likewise IR (unlike the K500), so only cable connection is possible.
>> Whatever were they thinking?!
>
>It does seem strange that the Z500a doesn't have IR but the Z500i does,

That's not clear -- while some spec pages list IR, it's missing from the
announcement press release (which does list IR for the S710a) -- see
<http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver...;
or <http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2C313819&gt;.

>and
>God only knows what they were thinking by leaving BT off the phone.

Indeed!